Affordable Health & Beauty Christmas Gifts

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by steph84 • Nov 2, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I thought I'd share this with Christmas being around the corner. I make lip scrubs and gift them to my close gal pals. All you need is some jojoba oil and brown sugar. Mix the two and place in a cute jar (I find some at the Dollar Tree and hand paint them). You can decorate each jar or tub with ribbon and they are great stocking stuffers.

2. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I made bath fizzies last Christmas. It was cheaper, looked really nice and everyone appreciated them. Here is the recipe:

1.Mix together 2 cups of Epsom Salts and 2 tablespoons of water in a glass bowl.
    2.Using a medicine dropper add one drop of aromatherapy oil at a time till you achieve the depth of fragrance you want.
    3.Mix 2 or three drops of food coloring till the mixture turns into the shade you desire. Mix thoroughly to get an even color.
    4.Pack the mixture firmly into silicone ice cube trays so you can easily slide them out.
    5.Let the mixture dry overnight then carefully remove from the trays.
    6.Let it dry another day before putting them in glass jars with ribbon ready for gift giving.

Enjoy!

3. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I will make a batch for myself and see how it works before I gift it to others. Thanks for the interesting recipe. It is always great to have some homemade beauty products.

4. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    That's really hard work and effort you put in. I prefer buying made items than making them since I don't have the time but this are really good ideas. :) Perfect for stay-in mommies too. :)

5. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I like this idea. Considering I am too late to start on homemade vanilla, this is a great option. I think my sisters (and I) would really enjoy it. Do you have a specific place where you get the jojoba oil from?

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some great ideas on this thread. I think I will do that this year. Usually the adults only buy gifts for the kids, but it would be nice to give gifts to my siblings.

7. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds like a fabulous idea! I really like bath bombs, bath fizzies. To me they can make a whole room smell so good after you use one in the bathtub (if that room happens to be next to the bathroom:)). I like the fact that these are made with Epsom Salts.

I'm going to make a batch for myself...I can't wait to see how they turn out!

8. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have pictures that you can upload? I would really like to see the type of jars that you put your lip scrubs in. This sounds like a really nice idea, sounds delicious actually:D

How do you recommend this be used? Do you put it on and then rinse it off? or tissue it off? Do you let this lip scrub stay on the lips for awhile, and then rinse?
    How much brown sugar to jojoba?

All this talk about brown sugar makes me want to eat something that has brown sugar in it. I love the holiday season!

9. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the bath fizzies recipe Trish! I'll have to give this a try. I mix equal parts oil and brown sugar Winnie. Usually around a cup per jar. I just buy jars at my dollar store and add pretty labels that I print off at the HP Creative Station website. It's a fun present if you like crafting and making the jars pretty. All you have to do is dab a little on your lips and scrub for a few minutes then rinse off. Your lips feel amazing afterward.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm usually a little leery about giving home made bath products as gifts unless it's to somebody I really know very well. You might offend somebody, haha! (No seriously, I've known people to be offended by a gift of scented bath soaps because I was unknowingly implying that they smelled bad... which is not what I meant by the gift.) This seems like an awesome thing to make for myself though.

11. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I'm with you! It sounds like it would be great, but I would need to try this recipe out before I made it in bulk for gifts. I think home-made gifts like these are really excellent because people always know that it's not the easiest thing to do. Even if it were super easy, not everyone spends the time and energy to learn how to do it and actually do it! It is really thoughtful and I would love to do it this year, if the recipe turns out OK with me!

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish i could use these but most of the women in my family and my female friends have very sensitive skin so they can't just use anything and i surely don't want to give them something that's going to give them red spots or a rash. I just have to be extra careful with them and be sure this doesn't happen but you never know some of them might be just fine with these i will have to ask them if the things in this would be okay for them especially my sister. Thanks for the great idea! :)