Affordable International Money Transfers

Discussion in Misc & Others started by venusflytrap • Aug 16, 2016.

1. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    I've been looking for an alternative to transferring funds internationally. Where I live, Paypal is not accepted and can't be linked to one's bank account. However, as I work online, I receive some of my payments via paypal. I can spend those earnings online but I can't withdraw them to my current account. Whenever I reach the $500 mark, I send the money via paypal to a friend in the USA, who then transfers it to me via international bank transfer. But it's a costly affair. I would like to know if any of you could suggest a more economical way of making a money transfer from the USA to Latin America.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What you should do is apply for a Payoneer Prepaid debit card.

You get a virtual US bank account. Since ACH withdrawals cost $0, you'll be getting all your money in your virtual US bank account which you can then withdraw at any ATM machine that accepts MasterCard.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about asking your friend to transfer the money to you via Western Union? (assuming you have WU over there) Just check how much fee they will charge you before attempting to try it out.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    You can try Payza if it will work in your country. I think it works like PayPal as well and I heard it has lesser fee compared to PayPal. Payoneer is also a good choice just like what @Denis Hard@Denis Hard said though I haven't tried that one yet.

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Try xoom.com. You can transfer money from your bank, PayPal or credit/ debit cards and the transfer usually only takes a few minutes. I've tried it many times and it has always been an easy experience. It's only 5 dollars for every transfer.

6. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have been searching for an alternative as well but with no luck at all. I have tried sending my paypal money to my own bank account but it has been 2 months since I've started the process and still haven't recieved it. I need my money now so I need another way to have it sooner.

7. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    The cheapest and fastest money transfer method I've tried so far is through bitcoin transfer. First thing you can do is to convert your cash into bitcoin, and then transfer that to another person's wallet and it should be there in less than 30 minutes. If the wallet have a bitcoin to fiat converter then it's much faster. I've used Coins.ph services for this since it has our local currency converter already. I'm sure you have the same in your country. Which country are you from by the way. You may want to check this article as well: