Affordable Web Hosting

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Jasmin Cottontail • Jul 2, 2017.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I'm planning on building my own website and I'm looking for a reliable yet affordable web hosting which also provides great service and support. The only options I have are Bluehost and HostGator and both of them are a bit pricey for me since I have to pay annually. I'm looking for something that will let me pay monthly instead of annually so it won't be hard for me to start. Thanks!

2. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    It will be very hard to find a well-known web host that will allow you to pay monthly and still give you huge discounts and free domain. You can try to start small while finding your way around self-hosted blogs. I recently subscribed to a simple local web host that only charges $10 per year hosting (1 GB disk space, 20 GB bandwidth). The web host name is coffeemags.com. I'm fine with the 1 GB disk space for now but I'll need a bigger one with unlimited bandwidth for my next project and this host does not have that option. Service had been good so far, no downtime. You can find other testimonies on their website.

If you don't have a domain, you can register one with them at $10 for the first year and $11 upon renewal. You can save a lot if you register a domain with Go Daddy, though.

3. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Namecheap is the best option for you. You pay just $9.88 fir 12 months hosting. You get 1GB bandwith and 20 GB diskspace. The support is so great that they will reply within 10 minutes. The second year price will be little higher though. Namecheap has a great reputation as well. Never go with a new host. always trust the host that has been in the business for a long time.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I am registered with Hakwhost. I have 5 domains hosted there. They charge 2.4$ per month and there is a discount if you buy 2 years worth of hosting. You can see that some of the hosting plans are expensive in other hosts but not with hawkhost. They have good technical support and other features into their hosting. I have tried bluehost, Arvixe and Hostgator, and all of them being worst host I wasted money into.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Host Mantis is incredibly cheap and allows you to pay by the month. However, though, in the past, there was an issue with a massive DDOS attack (lasting around a month). Nonetheless, I haven't heard of reports since then, and they've made a major change at the company. Anyway, you can check at their Facebook page as it allows customer comments.

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I think yearly plan will be more profitable for you. And also I will advice you to find some local site as they can provide you more cheap price. In past I had gone for one local service which was providing really good deal compare to these international sites. So I will advice you to search for them so that you can have more cheap deals.

7. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Exactly, @naruto100@naruto100 . I found a lot of cheap deals being offered by international hosts but always hesitated signing up with them because of the renewal price which is usually three to four times higher than their promo price. This makes me doubt if I would still be able to continue with my site come renewal time. On the other hand, I found a local host that does not increase their fees upon renewal and since I only needed hosting for a small blog, their offer was just perfect. The owners are also well-known locally so there's a degree of trust that you can give these guys.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Jamille@Jamille That's why I always try out local dealers for better deals. Those international sites may provide attractive deal for first year. But then they charge lots of price for next year compare to first one. Normally user don't change hosting and domain provider so they have to bare this increments too. So better to find out local dealers which can offer good price.

Also year plan always good compare to monthly plan.

#8Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
  9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been happy with Namecheap because after the initial offer of under $10 a year it's still quite cheap for a year after that for up to three websites. The customer service is excellent and they have helped me with simple queries that I didn't have experience with in dealing with. If you sign up on Black Friday they often do $1 for a year deals which I have taken advantage of for a couple of years.

10. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    You might want to take into consideration whether your making a blog, general website, or forum. Note, a forum seems to need more power. In that case, you'd want a VPS or server. However, a WordPress blog seems to do well on shared hosting (but of course, can handle higher up stuff).