African Shea Butter

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Blossom • Jul 28, 2012.

1. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone tried 100% African Shea Butter for skin? It's supposed to cause skin to be more smooth and toned, but it actually irritated my skin. I am wondering if the kind I purchased was actually pure Shea Butter.

2. Fashionista

FashionistaNew Member

Threads:
    My dad brought home 100% shea butter one time. It was in a yellow jar, but I can’t remember what company it was. It didn’t do anything miraculous for my skin but it didn’t irritate it either. You should be careful because you might be allergic to it. If you’re not allergic and it was just the product you were using, I would suggest using a more lotion-like type of shea butter (i.e not 100%). I use the Palmer’s one, and it works amazingly ☺. It even faded some of my chicken pox scars over time.

3. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds as though you might have an allergy to the ingredients found in the butter. I would stop using it just incase you have a more serious reaction and come out in an all over rash or something.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never had a problem with Shea butter. You might have a sensitivity. Or it might be that variations in shea butter quality.

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I can't imagine that you'd have an allergic reaction had it really been 100% pure shea butter.

6. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I did stop using it. I tried it twice and it irritated my skin both times. I'm just looking for something that's all natural and since I had heard such wonderful testimonies I was hoping I had found it. I read in a magazine that it was the secret to how some women in other countries keep their skin so smooth. I guess I will keep searching.