After Christmas Sales

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by sdjaxson • Dec 22, 2012.

1. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    I am just curious how many of you take advantage of after Christmas clearance sales? You can find amazing bargains at that time of year. It is a great way to stock up on holiday decor or wrapping paper.

2. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    I usually do online shopping first before anything. I then go to the mall and stuff to check out what they have. I go to many places in real life to shop as there are many options to choose from. Though I prefer online shopping on many different websites because it's much more easier.

3. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    After Christmas is usually when I stock up on my holiday decor and wrappers. I find that I can't pass up the opportunity to get them for 75% off the original price. It's gotten to the point where I could go years without having to buy any gift wraps and cards and such. Other then that, I don't buy anything else since I'm still broke from shopping for Christmas.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am looking forward to the after Christmas sales this year, I need a few things and will love the reduced prices that I will be able to get at the sales. I usually use that time to stock up on Christmas decorations and paper for the next year. If I see a gift that can be used at any time at a reduced price I will go for it.

I also go to the goodwill stores to see what they have reduced to clear their floors. You can get some really good deals there also.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just started doing this and it saves me a lot of money after holidays i go for the sales and they last me a pretty long time so i recommend anyone to do this. I got some halloween stuff that were 50 percent off so i'm set for next year.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Definitely.

This is when I get pretty much all of my Christmas decorations and whatnot. They're usually 75% off and because the wrapping paper and whatnot change every year, then I don't feel like I'm using the same paper that everyone else is either.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Great idea! I have a Goodwill store near me. I never thought to check them out for after Christmas sales.

I like to go shopping after Christmas to pick up a few items for myself. I also stock up on wrapping paper and Christmas and holiday cards.

8. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've never done it, but 75% off sounds too tempting! I hope I can find some stores online that have some items in clearance. Might be my late Christmas present for me!

9. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely! Wrapping paper, decorations, and even food that is "holiday themed"

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that! You're right. I like picking up all the "red and green" style foods that can be used at other times of the year. For example, red sprinkles are great for Valentine's Day and the green works for St. Patrick's Day just a few months later.

11. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I'm looking forward to it this year. There are a few things I've had my eye on, and I'm hoping the prices drop after Christmas. I wasn't really impressed with the clothing sales this year. I looked in Aerie for some pajamas three weeks ago. They were 40% off then. I went yesterday and still only 40% off. I thought it would be marked down closer to Christmas.

12. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    My sister and I love buying Christmas decorations after the holidays. It is really cheap! I once got an 8 foot Christmas tree for around 30% of its original price. The trick with shopping for Christmas decors though is you have to have a plan on what motif you plan to have the following year. As for me I'm more the traditional red and green type person for the holidays so my decor does not change much. I usually replenish stuff like candles and Christmas tree ornaments yearly though.

13. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't wait for the post-Christmas sales this winter. The summer sales were disappointing for me, I didn't buy anything.

The autumn/winter season is much more interesting for the stuff I like to buy and I'm hoping to pick up a few discounted items.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Both of my kids were born shortly after Christmas, so it's just smart in our case. Otherwise, I might not take advantage. I'd just end up with a bunch of stuff I don't need lol. Depends on what I could use at the time.

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My brother and my dad were born a few days after Christmas. I don't think it's a good time to be born because your birthday and Christmas merge into one.

I will not be buying my dad and brother Christmas and Birthday presents, I will buy them Christmas presents and that will suffice.

16. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I actually have a funny story about this...My family and friends and I sometimes go to the Black Friday shopping sales...Well we dragged my poor fiance and his cousin to Wal Mart on Black Friday so as usual it was crowded as anything! You won't believe this...My cousin-in-law stood in the whole Black Friday line just to get some DEODERANT! Can you believe it? One stick of deoderant! We could have stopped anywhere, but he chose to buy it at Wal Mart on Black Friday! LOL I know it's not an after-Christmas sale but it's still kind of funny. I do buy some stuff on sale after Christmas if it's a wicked good deal. Sometimes you can find things marked down up to 85% so why not?!

17. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is very true I already got my Christmas tree and decorations from last year so this year I will be saving on that :)

18. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've noticed many of the online shops mark up their prices before they go on sale. They claim it is 50% discount but when you account for the mark up it is more like 20%. You need to take note of the prices season after season to know if you are getting value.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't normally anticipate those after Christmas sales because the malls are overcrowded during that time, but whenever I do I usually buy electronic items, because the discount I get is larger than if I buy something cheaper like clothes.

20. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I usually take advantage of the sales after the holidays to buy decorations, candles and other holiday themed items. Also, a lot of the gift sets are marked down 50%, and these can be used for birthday presents throughout the year. Pajamas and glove sets (which are still needed to get through the rest of winter) are usually very cheap. Last year, I bought my children winter hats and gloves for like .50! They were able to use these this year when the weather got cold.