After Summer Clearance Sales

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Zyni • Sep 8, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you been hitting the after summer clearance sales? I've noticed clearance racks for a bit now, but they are being marked down even further now. This is when I always used to shop for the kids to pick up bathing suits, cover ups, sandals, shorts, tank tops, and summer jammies, for the next year. Just buy a size bigger and take advantage of the savings.

I have one teen still at home, but the rest of my kids are grown, so I might just start buying more things for myself too. I think I'm going to hit the clearance racks this weekend, especially since it's still hot enough here to wear summer clothes.

2. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Clearances are a great source of opportunity purchases. I remember buying a large size Kurt Cobain portrait at a summer clearance sale for less than 20$.

3. bms00

bms00Member

Threads:
    It seems like most clothing retailers have cleared out a lot of their summer stock by now. But there can be big discounts on whatever is left. A lot of items on the sales rack at Macy's scan for less than the "% off" on the rack would imply.

4. cardinals27

cardinals27New Member

Threads:
    I actually jumped on the clearance sales. I bought a lot of nice clothes that I will be able to wear next summer and for the rest of this summer. Luckily where I live it doesn't get cold for a while so I will actually get good use out of the clothes that I bought on clearance this year. I would definitely recommend taking advantage of whatever is left because there are some very good deals.

5. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately I haven't practiced in any of the summer clearances. This is when I usually shop for next years summer items for our household too, but I've got a lot of bills and school dues and fees to pay for this year school, so my budget is real tight right now. Happy shopping and I hope you find a lot of wonderful things for yourself.

6. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I am always late for clearance sales. I mean they rarely have my size of clothes left. I can't believe the number of times I went in all excited only to find all of the "good stuff" gone.

7. clair02

clair02Member

Threads:
    I'm always on the lookout for clearance sales. I have gotten some pretty great bargains in the past and I'm looking forward to getting a lot of my summer stuff at a steal. The trick is to get in early before all the good stuff is gone.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I know I'll be need something that will be on sale at the end of the season then I most likely will buy it because if I wait, I'll be spending more money to buy it the following year. This year however I won't be doing any off season shopping so I'll not be taking advantage of after summer clearance deals.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I usually look forward to the end of summer sales. I live in a tropical country but I do quite a bit of online US shopping. The US end of summer sales serves me well because I may get some great deals and I won't have to wait until next year to wear the clothes.

10. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually do the same thing as @Denis Hard@Denis Hard does. If I know it is something that I am going to need, then I buy it ahead of time when it is on sale. I just got one of those expandable hoses on sale, even though I won't really need it until next summer. By spring, they will all be on full price; so getting it now on year-end reduction makes the most sense.
    We have been looking at patio furniture, and now is the time when that always goes on sale, too; so if we do decide to buy something, it will be this fall while they are clearing it all out to make room for the Christmas stuff.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In as much as I love shopping, I love a good bargain just as much, if not more. So yes, I always have my eye on sale items and ensure I get some stuff at a snip of the original price. That means I'll save some money and have more money to buy more stuff. I actually buy a lot of my stuff in the sales. It costs a fraction of the original price because some of it is considered so last season. Thank God I don't religiously follow the trends hehe :)

12. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At first, I was thinking of clothing and swimming gear and stuff (since I started

), but I'm glad you brought up patio furniture and stuff too. We have been wanting some outdoor chairs for quite a while now.

I started looking around online and found some nice steel chairs on clearance at Lowe's. They are much nicer than the typical plastic ones I have seen, and they cost less to boot. While they originally went for about $40.00 each, they were on clearance for $14.98. We picked up two of them, and we are pleased with our purchase. We also grabbed some seat cushions on clearance to go with them, for about 1/3 of the usual price.

Now, we can sit outside together and enjoy the evenings in comfort. They look nice too. They had good reviews and seem quite sturdy, so I think they will last us a long time. I feel like we got a good bargain and a good value. Cheaper than plastic and better too... (I really didn't want the plastic or mesh ones).

13. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fall seems like the very best time to get any of the patio and outdoor items. This would be when any leftover swimming pools and water-toy are closing out for next to nothing as well. I was just looking at one of those huge inflatable pink flamingoes that you can use in the pool or in a lake, and they are about $40 even on Amazon, but they were on clearance for $5 ! You just can't go wrong with that much savings. I would have grabbed it; but I am still not sure if we can use it. They are SO huge that we would not have much room left in the swimming pool, and we do not usually go to the lake or river where we could use it and have lots of room.
    But for that price, I might just get it anyway, and see if we have room for it in the pool next summer.
    It is starting to cool down here, and we are about done with the swimming pool for this year anyway, even with the bubble wrap top that keeps it warmer.

14. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I always try to make the most of buying things from clearance racks. They can be great for things like tshirts that can be worn all year round. Even shorts sometimes I'll buy for sleeping in, rather than spending out on the expensive pajama sets you see around. I find that often summer clothes are just fine to sleep in and it's not like people really see you in what you sleep in anyway so if it has a strange design on it, it doesn't really matter.

15. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's true, the patio stuff is marked down as well. This is probably a good time to get a new grill, or grill tools, or patio furniture cushions, pool covers, etc. as well.

That's a good idea too. Even if you can't find pajamas on sale, shorts and t-shirts can certainly work instead. I also like to have a few things that are "around the house" clothes for cleaning, painting, working in the yard, etc. A t-shirt for a buck or two will do the trick, even if it's not my favorite color or doesn't say something cute. You just can't have too many t-shirts, it seems.

16. MomOfThree1980

MomOfThree1980New Member

Threads:
    Yes! I love after season sales! I went and got summer workout clothes and pjs from loads of stores when they were on sale and swimsuits from swimsuitsforall. I go to a gym with an indoor pool so that means swimming all year for me.