Aging Products

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DreekLass • Oct 11, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never tried aging products, since I am twenty-four-years old. But I have an auntie who is obsessed with them. She is rich so she spends all day on shopping channels buying anti aging creams and whatnot. But I have to say... they don't seem to be working.

I watched a documentary once about whether or not these creams actually work. And most of the time it was found that they either don't do anything, or they just do a minuscule bit, which isn't really all that noticeable.

Do you use anti aging creams, and if so do thy actually work?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't and I don't want to. My grandmother doesn't use any of those but her skin is still flawless for her age, though they may not at all look that young as of a teenager. I know someone who kept on using these kinds of products, but it didn't stunt her aging. It, on the other hand, seemed to speed up her aging until she finally stopped using them, and rather went to go natural, like having a natural diet.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Those anti-aging creams don't work. I think they serve their purpose by making the person believe they look younger and if that's what makes them happy then just the thought will do. However the one thing I know that can slow down aging is this:

Transfusions would fix the problem I believe, if the findings of that study can be applied in real life.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to sell anti-aging products and some do work, but they don't reverse the aging process, but slows it down with richer ingredients that mimic the skin of a baby with oils and higher concentrations of emollients that bind the skin cells together.

You shouldn't use them when you are young as they will be too strong for the skin, but aging can be prevented with good skincare habits, combined with diet and lifestyle. The best thing is to stay out of the sun and drink lots of water to hydrate

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    Thanks for your responses guys. I have always been fascinated by the validity of the claim that these creams could actually reduce aging effects. I have never actually believed these claims. Thea, I know that hydration is vital for health in all aspects of the body. But I thought that Vitamin D was good for the skin? Obviously that is meant in moderation right?

Denis Hard, so you think that it is the placebo effect??

6. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think that anti-aging products work, but I am also only 24 like you. My mother is 63 and she has really great skin. She's always worn sunscreen, drank lots of water, and she always washes her face twice a day. I think that anti-aging products are great for people who want to make themselves feel younger, but I don't know if they really work. I would say that sunscreen is the ultimate anti-aging product. My mother has a few cousins who went on vacations where they would tan, and they never wore sunscreen. She and her cousins are in the same age group, and her cousins look at least ten years older than they are. I think just taking care of your skin can be beneficial later in life.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nothing will fix a life time of movement and creasing. Wrinkles don't just appear at a certain age.. it's been hollowing out over time; weakening and finally shows in a wrinkle and then people start to worry too late. You'd have to stop expressing yourself at 5 to avoid them lol. Some people are more prone to show these "flaws" that are under everybody's skin though and others could "reverse" a ton of it just by watching what they eat and keeping hydrated. Genetics can be a beast lol. BUT, tons of products do "appear" to work (look at the keywords in ads.. they don't usually say they take care of them altogether.. they're not allowed because they don't. They carefully choose their words. At least they had to the last time I was in the game. Some plump up the skin or take layers off that will only look great temporarily.. hence the forever routine. I've tried quite a few over the years (being a smoker and a mouth chewer, I started getting lines once I hit my thirties). One product "worked" (nothing works if you have to keep using it lol) and I think I mentioned it here. The Peter Thomas Roth line. I used the peel pads. A short time on that and it looked like it reversed everything.. it was awesome and it's growing in popularity. Kind of expensive, but most people cut them into 4s to make it last forever. Since I cut out the bad foods though, I haven't really needed it. Taking care of yourself is the best possible thing you can do for every cell in your body.. skin loves it lol.

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    Well it would seem like common sense that these creams and other anti-aging products actually do not work, especially over the option of taking care of ones self as best as one can in this world, given the information about diet that we are given. But I know of many people who are obsessed with these creams. They will order the newest ones, when they have seen next to zero results from the last ones? Well, at least to me it seems like zero results. I don't know if they actually see a difference.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    lol yes, I know. And many are brand whores, so will "see a difference" just to have the name on their bathroom shelf lol. But for many, the appearance of reversal is enough and I did get that with the product I ended up sticking with for the longest. I've read of the same results from every age group too. Whether something reverses (not lol) or not, what some of them actually do is a great confidence booster.

10. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't. Anti-aging products are still chemicals, and putting them on your face may cause more damage contrary to the benefits that they advertise. Besides, aging is a natural thing, and I have no qualms about the process. :) I do not want to age and still look young in that artificial sort of way. :) I would rather eat healthy and be healthy than depend on chemicals.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They could have worked had your aunt not placed an excessive amount on her face. If she's using synthetic anti-aging creams, then she'll likely reverse their effects by applying too much. Remember, anti-aging creams may be designed to bring back your youthful appearance but at the end of the day, it's still a lump of chemicals. You'll get burned if you don't apply sparingly. I think your aunt had better switch to organic anti-aging products. Also, she may want to detoxify and cleanse her system. Anti-aging is best facilitated through internal cleansing and taking in supplements that kill free radicals in our body.

12. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can't reverse aging only plastic surgery can do that, what the products do is plump up the skin so it looks more youthful (hyaluronic acid in various forms) thus the appearance of an anti-aging look.

There are people obsessed with creams, I had a client who was 28 years old and paranoid, who kept saying 'Look at this line,' and I would tell her it was normal and that even babies have lines. She insisted on buying the top of the range line for over 45 year olds and I advised against it so she went elsewhere and bought the products. Basically she felt a psychological difference, but a very subtle visible difference.

13. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't trust anti aging products. My mother never used them but always looked 20 years younger than her age. I think it all comes down to your lifestyle. Dont stress and eat clean. That will keep you young!

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    Unless you just have brilliant genetics lol. I have noticed that people of colour age much better than say white people. It is kind of scary to see. A colored woman the same age as a white woman, and the white woman usually looks a lot older. A lot more worn. I have seen this time and time again, although I am not sure why it is. I can only put it down to genetics? People are obsessed with youth and beauty, and will do anything to try to achieve it sadly. Even when their course of action - these creams - don't seem to actually be doing anything.

15. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    More melanin, more protection from photoaging. In the end, it comes down to genetics and triggers.. how well you take care of the inside of your body as on the outside, we're all exposed to the same things. Of course sun damage is huge too and in that we can control our skin's outcome as well. Products can only protect from rays and prevent new damage, but prevention of wrinkles themselves is short term. The rest of the products just plump up the skin, giving the appearance of reversal.. which for many is better than nothing.