Air Purifiers

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by scottyxx • Apr 12, 2013.

1. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Does anyone have any experience with air purifiers?

I am waking up almost every night with a sore throat and thought an air purifier might help, what does HEPA filter mean? Do I want a pet or allergen reducer one?

Any tips on good ones that you use?

Any help would be great right now, I am so confused!

2. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Scotttyxx, I really do not have any idea about air purifiers. However, I have a suggestion for you. Have you tried having a few plants in your room, maybe they could do the job for you. Here is a list of plants that you may want to consider.. they will not only make your home a paradise they also clean your air efficiently for less.

Areca Palm Tree, Boston Fern, Date Palm Tree, Bamboo Palm, English Ivy, Ficus Alii, Chrysanthemum, Heart leaf philodendron and any kinds of philodenderon, Janet Craig – Dracaena, Peace Lilly, Rubber Plant, Snake plant/Mother-in-Laws Tongue, Spider Plant, Gerbera Daisy.
    Maybe you could give these a try. I hope this helps.

3. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    To date according to studies by independent organizations the HEPA or high-efficiency particulate arresting (HEPA) filter is best if you have issues with pollen, pet dander as well as mold spores. Experts have studied these filters and it can trap 99.97 percent of particles as small as 0.3 microns. You might also want to get a purifier that has additional carbon filters which are able to filter odors and smaller particles like those found in fumes.

4. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I have always been curious about air purifiers, but I have also been a bit skeptical about them as well. If you have any kind of respiratory issues at all, you won't necessarily want to have plants in your bedroom as they can sometimes contribute to more problems. Have you tried reading online reviews for air purifiers to get an idea of what other people's experiences with them have been like?

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know much about air purifiers, but i really like to burn some incense from time to time because i like the smell it gives the house, maybe because of the good memories it brings me. One of my favorite fragrances is called "Atelier Cologne Bois Blonds".

6. Lilley1

Lilley1Member

Threads:
    We have also been looking into air purifiers. Like Channell, I am also a little skeptical about buying one for the same reasons. I think Maddie has the best solution, air purifying plants! They are less expensive and add beauty to your home.

I also have my own suggestion. Have you tested your air quality? Do you know if your air conditioner has ever been cleaned or maintained? It may be something worth looking into before other health issues arise. I only suggest that because we are currently going through some environmental illnesses in my home. My children have been sick and will also get a bloody nose for no reason. My husband will too along with other allergy symptoms.

I hope you find the solution that works best for you.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I have one and it's been a huge help for us...I'll have to get you the specifics, my husband deals with all that :p.