Airbnb

Discussion in Travel started by Ke Gordon • Oct 16, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you ever stayed with them? Have you rented a room through them? I want to rent a room and advertise on the site. However, I live in a Lake Community, and our season is really at an end. There are some fishing tournaments on the lake, that has people using it all year long...however, so I might be able to rent it then. I am not certain though if Fall and Winter would work here. However, some utility workers sometimes stay in the area. I am hoping to sell this place in the Spring, so I would do a rental before then.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have rented out and been a renter. There is no fee to list it so you may as well do it. You may find a writer like me that wants somewhere cheap and quiet to write in. You never know who is looking for what in the area.

Be specific and be prepared for lots of questions and maybe negotiations too, but generally it's a good idea especially if you are the host. I did have some issues when I rented out long term, but it was to a foreign family and I was out of the country, but if you are on site it usually you can sort out issues.

3. mmegs00

mmegs00New Member

Threads:
    Yes! I love AirBnB it is such a great way to travel and save money. If I am going on big trips or planning little weekend getaways I use them. I save so much money by avoiding costly hotels, and I get to put that money into more important things like sightseeing events. I find it is really easy to use, and simple to communicate with the Hosts. There are ways to ensure that you are renting to reputable guests as AirBnB have a rating system. If you have concerns you can read up on the reviews. It is a great way to earn extra cash as well!

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I rented out a guest house in Oakland and did not have a problem. I think it was smooth because the property was detached from the main house. The reviews on the site really helped me choose where to stay.

5. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I heard about it but never experience to enjoy travel with this website. Maybe in future I will check it our and found it impressive like you guys.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My parents rented out part of their house to a family that was on vacation but they decided to stay on longer than they intended. It was a win-win situation for all of them because they got to be great friends. Good experience that.
    While yeah there are seasons when rooms are more likely to be rented, not all people get their holidays at the same time. So regardless of where you live as long as your place is listed on the site, you could find a renter. You won't lose anything if you list your house and if you are lucky you'll make a little extra money.