Alarm Clock App

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by DrRipley • Nov 5, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been checking out some alarm clock apps lately and I was surprised to find out that most of what was available was a bit subpar. One I got was very hard to use or at least a lot more complicated than what an alarm clock should be a couple of others were riddled with ads and all of them pretty much necessitated me keeping them running on the foreground for my music to work as the alarm, since if the app were only in the background it would supposedly use its default noise which was just an ordinary alarm clock noise.

I never imagined that such technologically advanced gadgets like the ipad would have this flaw in such a simple place. Is it any better for Android devices? What alarm clock apps do you guys use on either ios or Android?

2. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Well, to be honest, I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 and I just use the one that comes with my phone, I have an alarm that is under the clock setting in my phone and so I do not need to install another alarm app as it works fine. What type of phone do you have? there are hundreds of alarm apps in the Play Store so it shouldn't be hard to find one. I would suggest though that you try Alarm Clock Free, by iHandySoft Inc.

3. hanseung

hanseungNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I love the alarm clock I have on Android. I kind of have a certain routine that I do before I fall asleep to ensure that I get the best sleep possible and wake up feeling energised and ready for the day without being tired from waking up in the middle of my sleep cycle. First, I check my app called SleepyTime. This app uses the formula of sleep cycles to tell you the times you should wake up or go to bed to get the most out of your sleep and complete your sleep cycle accurately. As for the actual alarm clock, I use an app called 'Can't Wake Up! Free'. It has different tasks you can set for when the alarm goes off, such as math equations, scanning a barcode, shaking your phone, and much, much more. It is really useful and, so far, I've never fallen back asleep after using it. You can also set it to go off 10 minutes after its initial set time to make sure you're awake. It's perfect, and I really recommend both the apps!

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I have to ask what's wrong with the alarm that comes on your device? The last time I had to look for a good alarm application was years ago on BlackBerry, but now, most phones come with a robust enough alarm that you should be able to set any ringtone or song you want to wake you up. What is your app lacking?

5. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I have a windows surface pro and I got an alarm clock app that I love. I don't know if you can get it though. Its called alarm clock HD. Its easy to use and even has radio on it. I use it for all my alerts.

6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I only use an alarm clock to wake me up in the morning and never for appointment alerts. So I don't feel the need to download any app for that. Ever since I can remember, I only use the alarm that comes with my cellphone. As long as it's working fine and can be set loud enough to wake me up then I'm fine with it. :)

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not shocked that there are alarm clock applications in the first place, because let's face it; there's an application for almost everything these days. But why have they put alarm clock applications up on the Android market when most phones, including Androids already come with a built in alarm clock? My Nokia smart phone, which is quite an old phone now, although it does everything that I need it to and more, came with a built-in alarm clock. It does the trick. I don't have to download anything extra.

8. tjmsrubegoldberg

tjmsrubegoldbergNew Member

Threads:
    I use a very popular (paid) iOS app called "Sleep Cycle". The UI is quite simple and there aren't any ads, being a paid app. I actually got it for free through a Starbucks promotion a while ago.

The app uses the phone's motion sensors to figure out where you are in your natural sleep cycle in order to wake you up at the ideal time. Supposedly, this makes it so that you wake up feeling less groggy, as you won't be interrupted right in the middle of the deepest part of your sleep. All you have to do is set a time you want to be awake by, and the app will play the alarm at the best point in a certain window (30 minutes by default) before that time.

I think it works pretty well overall. One of the nice things about it is that it will show you a graph of each night along with overall statistics so you can compare how well you slept and whether or not certain things affected your sleep.

9. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I have an app on my android called sleep it. It is a really good app because it helps you by telling you when you are losing a lot of sleep in the night. I have been using it for a few weeks now and I will tell you that it is a really great app for an alarm clock.

10. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I have an android device and I use an app called Life Time Alarm Clock. It does its job well and it doesn't come with intrusive ads. You set an alarm and once it goes off, you have to solve a puzzle or do a quick math problem before you can disable the alarm. If that's your kind of thing, I recommend you check this app out. I haven't tried any other alarm clock app, other than the stock app that comes with android.

11. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    I don't have any separate Alarm clock app for either my Android or iPod. I just use the default app that is already pre-installed in my phone. It works perfectly fine and I don't see the need to download a separate alarm clock app. One thing that I've noticed, though, is that my alarm clock on my Android phone switches off on its own after a couple of minutes. I'm just grateful that I have my iPod touch as a backup.

12. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I never use an alarm clock usually as it is quite cumbersome for me. I use the one which is given default in the phone. It does what it is supposed to do and takes care my timing accurately. I think it is quite useful default app.

13. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not thought of downloading an alarm clock app since the default alarm clock apps that came bundled with every Android phone that I have ever had were more than enough to fill my needs.

These default apps are very reliable. I have always woken up on time and that's what's important. :)

14. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never use an alarm clock because I find that it makes it harder to fall asleep. I'm not sure why. It's just the way that I am. However, when I have used an alarm I use Sleep Meister on IOS. It also has to do with waking you up at the best time on your sleep cycle. You can choose any of your songs to be your wake up song and different times of the day you have a different background.

15. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't look for an Alarm Clock app. Most of my gadgets comes with an alarm clock, a built-in feature that is easily adjustable. I don't think I needed a specific alarm clock app. I still have clocks on the walls and a battery-run alarm that I use at home. I am going to go look at the available alarm clock apps later to see what is on offer.

16. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't use a specific app either. My phone has a built-in alarm clock and it works just fine for me. I can set multiple alarms, change their tones, adjust snooze options.... there's nothing more I could really ask for.