Alcoholic Beverage Brands

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Apr 14, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I keep hearing of new alcoholic beverage brands these days and it has become a bit confusing which ones are good and which ones are just hyped by being shown in a movie or mentioned in a song. I once heard a story from a former alcoholic recounting the experience of drinking what he thought was the best brand of Scottish whiskey but I've forgotten the name, sadly.

Do you guys have any favorite brands of alcoholic beverage that you think are really good and not just hyped or overrated by the people?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    From what I've heard, there's been an influx of fruit flavored (and other flavors) vodkas and other liquors hitting the market trying to target younger drinkers. Also, some older brands are trying to reinvent themselves to be more appealing to a younger demographic.

Personally I've also noticed a lot of gimmicky liquor blends, with goofy stuff like sparkling crystals and bright colored pearlescent stuff in them. They're basically a pre-mixed cocktail, but they're also a waste of money because they cost just as much as the full strength liquor, but are actually much weaker.

These days I just drink the "bottom shelf" stuff - because I've discovered there are actually some pretty decent varieties and it kills me to pay like $35+ for a bottle of the top shelf stuff, when I can get a bottle that is just as good for like $7.50 instead.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    There are definitely a lot of gimmicky ones coming out right now, ugh.

As for the "best"...as OhioTom said, sometimes even the bottom shelf stuff can be really good., so that part comes down to personal preference.