Aldi - Love Or Hate?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by janetsjunk1972 • Jan 21, 2015.

?

Do you love or hate Aldi?

1. Love

62.2%
  2. Hate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neither

24.3%
  4. Never shopped at Aldi before.

13.5%
  1. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I neither love nor hate Aldi. I've shopped there a few times and a lot of the products are quite good. I have no complaint about the products or the lack of brand or the prices, the only thing I'm not quite happy at Aldi with is the atmosphere. Also, the cart thing and bag thing. But mainly I feel as though the atmosphere is awkward because there aren't usually a lot of people shopping there and it can be quiet and it just makes me uncomfortable for some reason.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't say I'm a huge fan of Aldi, then again I don't hate it. I find I can't get all my weekly shopping in there, so that's a bit of an inconvenience. So I'd rather use it as one big convenience store, for bits and bobs I may need when I'm around where it is. I don't think I'd now go out of my way to go shop in Aldi. They carry a lot of continental brands that aren't that well known beyond Europe, so that can be a bit of a problem, because people being people, we like to stick to what we know, right?

3. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I still haven't been to an Alidi's. We have several in my metro area, but I just don't have one close by me. When I say close by, I mean five to 10 minutes away. In my neighborhood I have several grocery stores to pick from, but Alidi's isn't one of them. I've heard a lot of great things about their products and prices and maybe if I'm out on a side of town that has one, then I'll stop by.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't get to go to Aldi's very often because the closest one is probably 45 minutes from here, but I will stop when I am in the area. Aldi's can have some really great prices on things. I do find values better at a grocery discounter near me on most items, but Aldi's has a bit of everything in terms of food, and non food items, so I find it a really interesting store to shop in.

5. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Aldi is new to my area of Texas. People who moved here for jobs flock to this grocery store. However, native Texans do not as we do not recognize the brands Aldi carries.

6. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    We love Aldi. Delicious milk, so cheap. Great canned goods and we eat a lot of those.The have a delicious California red wine called Intermingle. Very good wine, cheap. I took in my pen and paper to Aldi, Sams, and Walmart, and compared prices between the 3, Aldi won almost every time.

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If Aldi were closer to my home, I'd probably shop there. The fact that it's across the street from Walmart makes it a little less likely, because I tend to only go there (it's farther than Kroger) only once a month or less, and usually only when I have to do some banking, because my bank is in Walmart, or when I need cat litter, which is much cheaper there. I don't like the fact that Aldi has a limited variety, and I'm still iffy about buying meat there, but I have to say, I enjoy seeing their circulars in my mailbox and perusing the deals. I'd like to take advantage of them, but the store is pretty small, and usually crowded. Add that to the traffic issues, since it's situated smack dab between Walmart and Super Target, and when I'm over there, all I want to do is get the heck out of there and come home, so stopping in at Aldi is less likely.

8. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    Love it, it's cheaper,less crowded, and takes less time to traverse. The simple decision to have aisles that are shorter than competitors means that Aldi's leadership has actually placed the customers option to shop efficiently ahead of the industry accepted wisdom that the longer a shopper is in the store the more they will spend.

9. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say that it is not a very appealing store I guess they save money on that to make sure the costs are low but I do like the value it has to offer even if it is always a back storage location that is creepy!