Aldi (uk) Free Delivery On Online Goods

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Theo • Aug 31, 2016.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aldi in the UK offers free standard delivery on special buys and goods that are online. Not all items will be available, but as stores have limited stocks I decided to buy some running shoes at £12.99 online because in store they may not have my size. I have to admit the delivery arrived today, and the items were despatched on Monday which is pretty fast for free delivery.

I would recommend it for bulky items or clothing where your size may go out of stock quickly.

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of Aldi. Does this online store deliver at international location. Many people find Amazon a good place to buy things, however, I don't find Amazon good because most of the items on Amazon do not deliver to my home country. Unless Aldi delivers to my home country Nepal, it will not be much useful to me. By the way how much do we need to spend in order to be eligible for free delivery. Or free delivery is just inside the UK?

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you talking about the same kind of Aldi store where we buy groceries, @Theo@Theo ? I had no idea that they also sold things online; but now that you have informed us, I will have to look and see. I remember looking at the Aldi website here; but all I remember seeing was ingormation about their grocery stores, and what specials they have for each week, just like the other grocery stors have.
    Our Aldo store is fairly small, as supermarkets go. It is at least smaller than our Kroger store, and it is not even as large as the newer Kroger stores are. There is another Aldi on the other side of town; but we seldom drive that far for grocery chopping; so I have no idea whether it is larger or not.
    Ours has an isle down the center where they display the non-food items that they have on sale that week; but it is only a few items, and not enough that they would be apt to sell just those few things online.
    I will check out the website again and see if I am missing something.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Happyflowerlady@Happyflowerlady It is the same Aldi, but I do feel they are testing the market here and how well it does first. This is only a recent thing in the last couple of months, and even in the last year or so they have been increasing certain non-grocery lines.

I imagine if this is successful here it was also happen in the US. They won't deliver food, but recently they have ranges in camping equipment, kitchenware, DIY tools, clothes, toys, and household items.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've also never heard that they have online offerings, so I think you're probably right, and that this is a recent change, and they are perhaps testing the market. There seem to be more companies venturing into the online market, and now that Jet has been so popular and successful and was recently purchased by Walmart, I'm sure others are looking to compete for those online bucks/pounds. I would definitely welcome the ability to shop online via Aldi, especially if there was no shipping charge. Hopefully they will be successful with the online sales, and will eventually offer the same services here in the U.S.

6. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I have to say that I am intrigued by this new craze of the grocery stores delivering now. I am actually not sure if it is a craze as we may typically think of it, but I have noticed more and more chains around here offering that as a service, so it seems to be catching on. I am not sure of the rates, but I am sure that it benefits a lot of people out there. Interesting stuff, and thanks for sharing.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon also has food delivery. I have not used it; but it works with a local grocery store, and then is delivered to your home. there is a minimum order requirement, and a delivery charge; but if a person were unable to get out and go shopping, it could be a viable alternative for them, as opposed to paying someone to go and shop for them.
    I am close to the Kroger store, and we usually do our shopping there, or a run to Aldi once a week, and Sam's Club each month for things we stock upon.
    I like looking for closeout items, and you can't do that if you are ordering online; so for me, it is not a good choice; but I can see how it would be beneficial to people who were not scrimping for saving money when shopping and could not get there themselves to purchase food.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw the cutest rolling cart in one of the recent Aldi flyers. I was telling a friend about it, and we started looking online for something similar, since they didn't have any at the store (it was an old flyer), and the prices were double to triple what Aldi was selling the product for. I and some of my friend would be very open to making these sorts of purchases online from Aldi, and I hope they make this service available to us in the future.