Alibaba?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ad.mike2016 • Aug 26, 2016.

1. ad.mike2016

ad.mike2016New Member

Threads:
    Has anyone had any good experiences using Alibaba? I know it is a wholesaler website for suppliers in China. There are minimum requirements for amounts ordered but you could always sell the excess on eBay. I have personally never used AliBaba but always window shop. If someone else has used it and had a good experience please let me know.

2. GreenPersimmon

GreenPersimmonMember

Threads:
    I've bought some necklaces off Alibaba. I think that it's important to remember that they are wholesalers so don't expect the same quality as a fine jewelers, even it the pictures are nice. Think along the quality of what you would find in a Claires or Walmart. You have to be careful though, some of the products end up being really cheap looking in person. Otherwise, selling on Ebay is a great idea. But don't forget Amazon or Etsy. Etsy's a little harder but if you can sell craft supplies, like beads to make jewelry, you can sell it on there technically. My problem is that the pallets that I want to buy are to expensive and I live in a very tiny apartment with two other people. But if you have the money and space, it's an excellent place to get your foot into selling online.

3. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Alibaba is perhaps the world’s biggest Business2Business marketplace out there. There are millions of suppliers listing millions of products on Alibaba. Finding suppliers is easy, the hard part is selecting the right one. One should be wary of any potential scammer or middle men looking to take a piece out of your money.

4. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I've visited Alibaba a couple of times but I never really tried buying from the site. I once bumped into it when I was researching about drop shipping and suppliers. I think that they do have a huge list of suppliers there. As what @davos@davos said though, you just have to choose carefully on which supplier you will buy your products from. :)

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do think Alibaba is worth considering but you'd really have to be careful and do your research lest you end up with the wrong supplier. Some suppliers have reasonable prices per item. Some are more pricey than the others. You just have to compare and select the price package that suits your preferences.

6. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have not, but I understand that it is not really aimed to appease people in my country, at least I do not think so. That said, I am very intrigued by it and where it might go. I am always interested in some good old competition, especially in an exciting industry, so this really does tickle my fancy a little bit. Very interesting stuff, and thanks for sharing.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to belong to a hair and beauty forum where we discussed where to source the best products at affordable prices. I remember a lot of people would bang on about having great suppliers on Alibaba. The curious thing is that they would then be precious about revealing them, because they'd done all the legwork, had some nasty experiences along the way blah blah. Curious to find what the fuss was all about, I did check the site out a couple or so times, and there's so much stuff on there, some good, some not so good! The problem is not knowing what's fake/genuine, which sellers are reputable etc I guess you could always do a search of reviews, but even those can be tampered with. Some people take a leap of faith, I guess. I'm too chicken to go down that route, though LOL

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In Chinese sites, the photos will always seem to look very appealing, but in reality they are flimsy in real life. So I suggest that you first ask around which is the most reputable seller there so that you won't be scammed.

9. Ellen

EllenNew Member

Threads:
    I have not used it, but my husband has friends who have. I understood their experience to be reasonable. It is like anything else, some of the suppliers are very good, some are not. There was no set rule.

10. Lushlala

Threads:
    It actually happened to me! I spent so many hours eyeballing all these gorgeous clothes on this one site. I just couldn't believe how cute the clothes were and finally took the plunge and bought a few items. They were the worst quality clothes I've ever seen!

Apparently what they sometimes do is go around pinching gorgeous pictures from authentic sites, to lure unsuspecting people like me. It's just disgusting.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know people that sell on Ebay purchase items from Alibaba and that they purchase large amounts of items at one time. Ali Express is a site you can purchase small amounts of like products. I am concerned about the quality of the items that are displayed and the length of time it takes to receive the items. I know you have to be very careful of your supplier when you purchase to avoid problems with shipments and receiving good merchandise.

12. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used this site yet, but I have been curious about it ever since I saw a report on TV about the founder of the company, how he started the site, his lifestyle etc. and so-on about him.
    I wouldn't mind just buying a few things from the site in order to check out the kind of service they have. I'm sure as with all things, it can be a hit or a miss depending on who you buy from. For the most part, I really don't like buying online, I like buying from actual brick and mortar stores where I can touch and inspect an item before I spend any money.

13. Lushlala

Threads:
    I recently stumbled across a long list of reviewed Alibaba suppliers,; the good, the bad and the ugly! I don't know how legitimate it is, but I plan to go through it with a fine tooth comb to see if there's one I can use on there. Of course, I'll be sure to do my own research, too....because you just never know, it could be bogus LOL There's always talk of suppliers mounting a smear campaign against their competitors and some suppliers buying reviews, or even rustling them up themselves!

14. Xpence

XpenceNew Member

Threads:
    Last year I bought a diagnostic tool from Alibaba and I can assure you that it is still in a good condition. My friend bought an ebike but the motor has always had issues. I've never heard of anybody complaining that they never received their goods. I have heard of people saying that Chinese goods are counterfeits. Someone was talking Etwow's design as being copied from Zoom Air, the original e scooter.

15. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I have never shopped in alibaba but a friend of mine gets his stuff there. Usually he buys tons of anything he can get his hands on and then resell it to earn money. I haven't heard any bad feedback from him though.

16. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    My friend has been using Alibaba to re-sell Chinese stuff here in our country. So far, his experience has been great and he was able to even had his own logo printed on the products as he purchase products in wholesale. I believe this is also how CDR-King do their market. For me, I only had an experience buying products off Ali Express since this is the only service in Ali where you could order a piece.

17. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I've seen Alibaba a couple of times and I do consider buying from them but after reading some of their customer reviews, I became reluctant. Most of the complaints are about wrong items being sent or worst, items that has never been delivered and you'll never get a refund.

18. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    That's a nasty experience. But I have heard a lot of people getting good deals from some sellers in Alibaba though. Maybe there are legit sellers in Alibaba and there are frauds too. Like this seller who ran away with more or less $2000 from a friend of mine who bought IPhones and didn't get anything.

19. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    I don't prescribe to purchase from this comapny, they burn through cash to improve the notoriety however they neglect to deal with the clients. On the off chance that you purchase something and you discover an issue, then overlook your cash. It will be an exercise in futility to guarantee and compose and blabla. Alibaba ought to gain from other fruitful organizations like Amzon. The client dependably at the top of the priority list