Alienware m18x laptop

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Nattsurfaren • Nov 3, 2012.

1. Nattsurfaren

NattsurfarenNew Member

Threads:
    Hi,
    This is my first product review of my new laptop an Alienware M18X.
    When I had my old computer I got tired of the noisy fans. I used a Zepto Hydra a17 and when I bought it new it was the best computer at that time. But the noise level of that computer was a bit high. I always assumed it should be like that on a gaming laptop of that price class. My girlfriend got annoyed and she always wanted me to shut down the computer. After a couple of years the computer got easily overheated and shut down instantly. So I had it with that computer and wanted a new one and I found an Alienware M18X. This laptop is a beast and has two graphic cards. I don't know any game that this laptop can't run on full settings with still a high frame rate. The best of all is that there are almost no fan noise. The cooling is very effective and I love this computer where much.

2. Gift3d

Gift3dMember

Threads:
    How much did you pay?

What are the specs?

I have never owned a "Gaming" computer but I have a Dell thats got 8GB Ram, aftermarket Graphics card That to this day has no problem with any games, Only problem I have had with my desktop was my power supply died on me last week, 330W one literally smokes and sparked.. I ordered a 550W one and am waiting for it to get here, I really hope the power surges caused from that didn't fry anything on my motherboard.

Are you pleased with you computer so far? I wouldn't mind just buying an alienware desktop case, They look pretty sweet

EDIT: Just opened my case to check the graphics card it is a ( IceQ 5 HIS HD 5770 Turbo)

The stock graphics card wasnt even able to play Halo 2 vista on it Lol, I had to play 800x600 just for it to run smooth but now I'm good.