ALL Men Cheat: True or False?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Ainjell • May 17, 2012.

1. mommy0906

mommy0906New Member

Threads:
    Not all men cheat. I think that the ones that do, are cowards. They obviously don't love their partner or they wouldn't cheat. That leads me to believe that they are just to scared to end the relationship because they are AFRAID. I hate it when people think that they know everything, like this guy who says that all men cheat. Who is he? God? No! He is just some guy who is a looser that likes to cheat on his partners and he is trying to justify his actions by saying that everyone else out there does the same thing. I think it is very sad to think that a person cannot find a fulfilling relationship, I say that because if they could, they would not feel the need to go out and cheat on their partner. It is sad to think that there are a lot of people out there like this guy, I really feel sorry for the women that they are involved with. I have never cheated on my partner, nor would I ever think about doing so.

2. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    No, not all of the men. I'm sure because my brother for one is not. As well, as my brother-in-law and my husband. Yes, there were the occasional glance at a pretty girl who passes by, but that's it. There are those who do cheat but that's them. It's unfair to say that when a man stays true to his partner.

3. Belindafierce

BelindafierceMember

Threads:
    No, not every man cheats. It's wrong to assume that every man cheats. Let's not forget that women cheat as well, we're usually just a little better at hiding it than men are. Also, looking at a girl in your presence doesn't really count as cheating either. I just think that we need to understand that not every man is the same. Like women, men have individual personalities and values.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not all people cheat, although many do. My dad has been married to my mom for 25 years already, and he never once cheated on her and vice versa. As for the younger generation, I'm sure there's still a person out there willing to break up first with their significant other first before entering into another relationship. Everyone has the tendency to cheat, but not everyone acts on those tendencies.

#24Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  5. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I think that some men would cheat if they knew that they would not get caught. Not saying that women don't, but guys these days cheat more.

6. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    This is just one of those sweeping generalisations that are designed to get attention for people with delusions of adequacy. All men do not cheat, any more than all women cheat. The capacity to cheat is within all of us, whether we realise it or not, and in a certain set of circumstances, the most faithful of partners - man or woman - may find themselves cheating. I believe that most people are basically good and kind and will not cheat on their partners, so to categorise a whole gender in this way is both offensive and ridiculous.

7. A.P.W.

A.P.W.Member

Threads:
    To cheat on a partner is to cheat on yourself, I truly believe that if you love your partner and wouldn't want to lose them then cheating is not in your remit. However, I feel that it is a totally false statement to assume that All Men Cheat. So in answer to your question, No it is false to think that all men cheat.

8. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I don't agree that all men cheat! I mean yes men are prone to temptation more than women but it isn't right to generalized all men. THere are men who are honest and loyal and I count myself one. I am with my girlfriend for 6 years already and never did we had any issues about me cheating. :)

9. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Come on ladies, we all know that all men are just interested in "getting it in". It doesn't even have to be human. Men are only interested in three things. 1) Food 2) Money 3) Sex. Anyone and everyone that provides that is what they are looking for.

10. cmarten

cmartenMember

Threads:
    Generalizations suck, and they are rarely true.

You can't say "ALL" of any group of people do a particular thing and be right.

Do lots of men cheat? Sure. So do lots of women. But there are still people out there who are honest and trustworthy and, maybe, too scared to cheat because they think they will get caught. My ex-husband cheated on me. An ex-boyfriend didn't. Men, like women, are individuals. They don't make moral judgements as a group.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think people may have fantasties about other people but would not follow through with the actual cheating if they really valued the relationship they are involved in. A person has to value the other person as well as themself.

12. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, my two most serious relationships have ended due to cheating on the man's part, so I guess I should be tempted to say yes! BUT I don't believe this means that ALL men are cheats, just as I don't believe ALL women stay with cheats. Infidelity is a horrible experience and I think once it happens to you, you can carry over the feelings of mistrust and paranoia into a new relationship - almost pushing the new partner into doing it. Of course, the actual act remains a free will thing, so there is no excuse but I feel that even with my track record there is a man out there who values fidelity as much as I do.

13. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    No, I do not believe that all men cheat. To say that of men, would mean you have to say it about women as well. There are women that cheat as well. I don't know why cheating is always geared toward men.

14. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I do not believe all men cheat. I cheated on my ex-boyfriend for a number of reasons, but he never cheated on me. I believe women are better cheaters.

15. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think all men cheat. A LOT do because of the culture where it is cool and makes you more of a man to cheat. But no one kind of person ALL do anything.

16. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I have a girlfriend and I don't cheat. I may have fantasies about other women, but I will not cheat on her. So I think that is false about men.

17. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I was talking with a friend about this the other day, and she said that she thinks all men cheat as well. i just can't imagine living life that way, thinking that EVERY man you run into, is low enough to cheat on his significant other.

18. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Not all mean cheat.......some are never even given the opportunity.

19. Johnny Curtis

Johnny CurtisNew Member

Threads:

Absolutely, I disagree with this young man's reasoning. To generalize that men cheat is a fallacy and that is an absolute truth. When you say all men cheat is unfair. Wouldn't it will be unfair if I call all women cheat?. Let's be logical in our reasoning. The truth, there are cheaters in both sexes and there are honest in both sexes too.

20. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Not all men. I just think men have to be head over heels in love not to cheat. Women not so much.