All New Movies Suck

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Denis Hard • Jul 16, 2014.

1. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't want to know either unless I know for a fact that I could stop it because anything to stop my demise would make me feel better since I have an enormous irrational fear.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh I live in a country that has no strict laws on piracy, and pirated stuff are being openly peddled in the streets, so I guess I'm safe in that matter. My ISP never blocked me. But let me try Vodlocker too, it seems interesting. Well I tried asking my friends their birth time and place, and some bothered their moms about it or looked for their birth certificate, while some can only give their birthday and didn't bother knowing the birth time, lol. For sure in your case it's in your birth certificate. With your friend, unless her parents have her birth certificate, then that's gonna be hard, if not impossible to know.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh my God, really? Lol!! I live in the UK, and website by website - or should I say clusters of piracy websites by clusters of piracy websites - they are making sure that they block our access to them. If I currently want to access many of them, I have to use Hulu, a browser extension that fools your browser into thinking that you are from a different country, so that you can access the websites that are blocked in your country. How do your friends respond to you asking for their birth time and their birth place? Do they ask you why?

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, western countries are really strict with piracy, but here in the Philippines it's rampant, but illegal. The DVD's come from China and are seized whenever there's a raid, but resurface again quickly. You can buy 10 or 12 blue-ray movies in 1 disk for $2.30 only. I was at the mall the other day and I saw that original DVD's were on sale, and they cost the same for just 1 movie. So I guess you're better off downloading torrents or buying pirated ones. The blue-ray ones are really clear! They know that I will look at their chart, which interests them and they ask me what can I say about them based on it. They get amused when they can relate to what I tell them, lol. But most of them are just content with reading their horoscope and sun sign description. They don't bother with the whole chart or even further like I do. They just religiously read their monthly forecast on astrologyzone.com and they swear by it, lol. I have a klepto friend with a very low IQ but with an unbelievably very high self-confidence and is a fighter, and I would like to know what aspects in her chart that cause that, so I tried to make her ask her mom what time was she born since she only knows her birth place. Unfortunately, I can't make her budge, lol.

5. ducklord

ducklordMember

Threads:
    Well, statistically speaking, I think it's more probable to be struck by lightning than being fined for "Exchanging Illegal Torrentz" :)

Not that I do it, just saying... :-D

6. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I do feel this way at certain times, but we can't say this statement about movies in general. Occasionally does a really good movie come out, however, other directors try too hard to try to make a movie a 'classic', but fail.

Directors make movies that clique with the market. I have a theory actually. Newer movies are probably aren't as good as before because modern minds are not as good as they were.

It's difficult to please the crowd. Though I'm quite a movie critic, I'm not even sure if I could create a good movie. It takes some true skill and talent to do so. I just guess there isn't much nowadays... well, not yet there isn't.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, in my country that is unheard of, I don't know about western countries though.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All of the new movies out now are indeed not very good. Just yesterday me, my boyfriend and a group of friends were trying to find a movie to watch at night and the cinema didn't have a lot to offer. We had either already watched the movie or didn't really feel like watching the other ones.we ended up deciding to watch one of them just because there were not no other options. I really didn't like the movie. It was just okay, as it seems to be a trend with movies nowadays.

9. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    I can understand where you're coming from with this, I also feel the same way after I watch some great movies from the past like Shawshank Redemption or Fight Club, those really were so good. I think it might be because nowadays the same type of idea is recycled so often in movies, and it just gets boring. That's not to say that there aren't any good movies around, and I don't think it's because the actors have gotten worse either. Maybe its the fact that directors and studios only want to make movies that they know they can make the most money out of, and not necessarily the ones with the best/most creative ideas.