Almay Softies Eye Shadow in Hot Fudge

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Bright7 • Sep 5, 2014.

1. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    Softies is the latest line of eye shadow singles by Almay. The eye shadow comes in a very cute and sleek looking tear drop shaped pot. I'm not the biggest fan of Almay eye shadows because I find them lacking in the pigmentation department. But, I had a coupon and CVS was offering ECBs back, so why not? I am not sure if the name Softies implies that these eye shadow colors are softer tones, or if they reference the texture of the eye shadow. This eye shadow feels like a combination of a cream and a powder. It is a lovely texture that glides on and it is not chalky or powdery at all.

True to Almay form, the shadows are not very pigmented. I bought it in the shade 130 Hot Fudge which is the darkest brown I found. In the pan, Hot Fudge looks like a gorgeous dark chocolate brown. On the Lids, it is quite sheer. You get a very subtle wash of color. Using a primer will help a bit with the intensity of the color. It makes a very pretty crease shade or transition shade. If you like softer eye looks, then this is for you. If you are looking for big color pay off, then skip these. Would I buy it again? Probably not. I can find similar colors from other drugstore brands that are way more pigmented than this.