Almond milk

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Peninha • Jul 17, 2014.

1. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried almond milk, and I like it okay, but I don't think that it's something that I could drink on a regular basis like as a replacement to cow's milk. I like soy milk too, but only flavored soy milk, like vanilla. I don't think that almond milk where I live is all that expensive compared to regular, milk, as some stores sell a gallon of regular milk, non-organic for about $5.00.

2. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I drink almond milk and soy milk because I'm also lactose intolerant. Both for me act as good substitutes. The trouble is the industry and infrastructure is geared towards the dairy industry, and as a result the alternatives are going to be more expensive. It's a shame really.

3. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    I am pretty sure that my wife has used it on occasion. She hasn't said that she especially likes it or not. When she falls in love with just about any product she lets me know. So, by pure merit that we haven't gone out of our way to buy any more I suppose it would be a thumbs down for one reason or another.

4. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I have wondered about Almond milk, but have not tried it. I used to drink soy milk but my boyfriends stomach is sensitive to it so now I just buy lactose free milk (which taste like regular milk) and we noticed that powdered or canned milk seems to be less harsh on my stomach too. Plus it is much cheaper to purchase the powdered or canned milk. You get more for the same price as regular milk.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tried soy milk, both flavored and unflavored, coconut milk, and almond milk. They are not especially BAD, per se, but they are defnitely NOT milk, or even anywhere close to that.
    Now, I have to say that I have had both my own milk cow and a milk goat (at different times, of course), and there is just not anything as rich and creamy as real whole milk ! !
    As far as a non-milk product, the best one that I have found is whey milk. I buy it like powdered milk, and mix it as needed in my Ninja blender. You can actually jusst shake it up in a lidded container, but it comes out nice and foamy when I use the blender. And it has a creamy taste, much better than any of the other milk substitutes.

6. DirtOnWall

DirtOnWallNew Member

Threads:
    Love almond milk, smells and taste wondeful :)

7. Bee14

Bee14New Member

Threads:
    Yes I enjoy Almond Milk and Rice milk way better than cow's milk.It is much healthier for all of us and I will make my own almond milk/rice milk in the future.I have watched many youtube videos on how to make it yourself and I found it not to be difficult at all to make.i usually get my almond milk from trader joe's or whole foods so I am very careful on what brands I choose.

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, that is a fact, 1 liter of soy milk is way beyond double of cow milk and almond milk is even more expensive, so it's hard. I think it's because there is less demand that the prices are so high, but yeah, it should not be so expensive.

9. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I am not lactose intolerant so I hadn't paid much attention to almond milk. Doctor Oz mention the high nutrients found in almonds. He continued to tout the benefits of eating almonds. Then one day he mentioned drinking almond milk. Now, I pour it in my coffee daily. There are flavored almond milks. I buy Silk Almond Milk if I have coupons or enough points to receive a deduction in price.

10. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never tried almond milk with flavors, that could be a good idea, but almond milk is just too expensive for me to buy it. From what I understood is little more than almonds and water, so nothing like eating the almonds lol, we get the full benefit from there. :)

11. Bee14

Bee14New Member

Threads:
    I love Almond Milk especially the Vanilla Flavor.I don't drink dairy milk so Almond Milk has been a great alternative for me.I usually use almond milk substitute creamer for my coffee in the morning.I also use the almond milk to add more flavor to my peanut butter banana smoothies I make.Not only does it taste good but almond milk is actually helps the improvement of eye sight, weight loss, stronger bones and a strong, healthy heart.It helps in building muscle mass too so I use it often since I am doing weight training.

12. emily0531

emily0531Member

Threads:
    Almond milk is a great option for people who are lactose-intolerant and for people on low-carb diets. I drink it regularly for both reasons. My favorites are Silk brand unsweetened vanilla, Silk unsweetened coconut/almond blend, and Whole Foods 365 brand unsweetened vanilla. I look for brands that do not contain carrageenan.

13. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    A family member came from abroad recently and brought a box of Almond milk along with some other things for my parents. I saw it when I went there and notice that no one was paying it much attention. It was the first time we were both seeing and hearing of this and they did not want to have it. I opened it and tasted it and I could not have it either, I guess your stomach just have to be conditioned to a particular taste to enjoy something new overtime.

14. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    Almond milk is one of my favorite things EVER! Whenever I would have some I would use it to make most things. Almond milk is really good in coffee. I also use a lot of almond milk in my Frosted Flakes. Whenever I make oatmeal, I like to use almond milk instead of regular milk. I've been trying to get my family into almond milk as well, but they think that it's mostly a sweet treat kind of thing. Kind of like vanilla or chocolate milk.

15. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, love almond milk! At first it was a little "strange" tasting, but perhaps like wine, it's an acquired taste. Personally I buy Almond Breeze, and have never had any issues with them. But soon, I plan to make my own almond milk. Just trying to find the best deal on raw almonds...

16. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    I have turned to almond milk solely because I am on a slimming world diet and I can drink more of it than cow's milk because it has less fat.
    I have the unsweetened calcium enriched version which is ok with cereal and in hot chocolate but I can't drink it in tea and coffee.
    It tastes more watery than milk but does not taste unpleasant.

17. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've tried to like almond milk but I've just never taken to it. It's a shame as the benefits looked good. Thankfully, I'm not allergic to dairy so can continue using cows milk where needed.

18. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I like almond milk, but I rarely bother to buy it. It’s pricey for me, and these days I eat very few things that require any sort of milk anyway. I would consider making my own, but I haven’t found anywhere with nuts in bulk that I can afford. Maybe I need to search harder, though.

19. Grimp

GrimpNew Member

Threads:
    hell yeah, I love almond Milk, I like to buy some Crunchy Nut clusters cereal from kellogs and put them in a bowl with my almond milk. However you would be correct, its very expensive so I also dont often get to drink it :(. Sometimes i just buy soya milk instead as this can be just as tasty :)

20. jusjalynn

jusjalynnMember

Threads:
    I do not drink regular cow milk, because I just prefer the taste of soy and almond milk. In my opinion, almond milk tastes way better than regular milk. It has a better texture, it is more creamy, and it has a sweeter taste, but not sugary. I think that the brand Silk makes the best almond milk.