Alternate Uses For Everyday Products

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Oct 31, 2014.

1. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I know what you mean. My hair hasn't been as long as it is now, in almost 30 years. The amount of shampoo and conditioner I will use at a time feels so gluttonous, but I don't have a choice. The vinegar does smell, haha. But if I don't do it my hair gets way too oily. The baking soda is a once a week tradition, too.

2. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    I use dollar store toothbrushes for many things.
    Cleaning shoes and other items, cleaning out the "grounds" from my "coffee" buster. I even use it too get the little whiskers out of my razors!

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good idea. When I replace my toothbrushes, I keep the old ones for cleaning. They work great to get in corners or between the baseboard and the floor. There are many uses for them really. I just soak one in hot, soapy water, and then it's ready to use for cleaning.

I should pick up some new ones for cleaning things besides the floor. I've seen 5 packs for a buck at the Dollar Tree. Can't beat that.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I hadn’t thought to clean out my razor with a toothbrush. I’ve cleaned other things, but not that. Thanks for the tip!

5. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:

Eh, my hair used to get oily if I did not wash it every two days -- and then I accepted that and just spaced out my washings anyway, and then it was fine being washed twice a week. And now it just does not really get oily at all anymore, even if I'm on the road or camping without having the opportunity to really wash it out nicely and all.

When I do have nice shampoo I do like to use a big amount. It feels pampering!