Alternative Power

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by spikerfreelancer • May 18, 2015.

1. spikerfreelancer

spikerfreelancerNew Member

Threads:
    Don't be a purist when it comes to alternative energy sources. Some things work better than others in most situations, Plus, if you're flexible, chances are your batteries will always be close to fully charged!
    Where are you all focusing? Personally I prefer hydrogen, but the other two out of the big three really have something to offer as well! Solar and turbine? Let's get a discussion aboput what works best when!

2. spikerfreelancer

spikerfreelancerNew Member

Threads:
    So, I guess I'll start.
    Like I said above, I prefer hydrogen power because of how almost limitless it is. I have a miniature solar pack that I salvaged from a cell charger, I use this to start my gas production until the system becomes self sustaining, usually about 1 minute. When asked about how I start it up at night when the sun isn't out I kind of look at the asker of the question like the're a special kind of stupid. Duh, that's what the battery is for! even a single AAA battery is enough for almost an hour of gas conversion, all I need is enough juice to start the creation of gas to pass through my fuel cell. After that a solution of water and baking soda takes it away.

3. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Wait, you have an at home hydrogen generating station? I am VERY interested in knowing how you obtained it. Was it a complete DIY or was it an off the shelf unit? Do you need to purify the water before you run it through the unit? I know this post is old put if you could please follow up I am very interested in knowing what you have! Thank you.