Alternative uses for dishwasher tabs (soap)?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by richc3 • Dec 5, 2014.

1. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I'm one of those people that never really uses their dishwasher, but I've been accumulating a lot of those dishwasher tabs for them (usually combined with other freebie offers online). I googled alternative uses for them, but there wasn't really much there. So maybe I can pick your brains if you guys have any ideas besides giving them away as I can't really think of anyone within my family that may use them.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just dissolve them in hot water and use the soapy water to hand wash dishes. Free soap is free soap.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Get one wet and let it start to soften just a little, then use it as a scrubber for washing pots or better yet, for cleaning your sink. I think you could make good use of them for soaking things like the turkey roaster as well. Drop on in with some hot water and let it do the work.

4. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually use dishwasher liquid instead of soaps. They are much easy to use and much more easy to manage. I think they are not very difficult to take care when compared to tabs. I hope to use them for quite a long time and use them very judiciously.