Alternatives To Beer?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by remnant • Jun 29, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    This is an issue that has really troubled of in recent times. I have been grappling with it for the last 2 years. I am not a drunkard but since I started drinking beer, I have invariably fallen to the trap of indulging every time I have a windfall. I am now a devout Christian and been through the upheavals of quitting. I suppose that beer is one of the most expensive drinks costing more than diesel and one should look for alternatives to save both your health and your bottomline. I suppose the best way is to look for alternative pastime and beverage and ultimately leading a holy life.

2. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    What about Root beer or Malta? These are not necessarily have alcoholic content in them. Are lightly carbonated malt beverages, brewed from barley, hops, and water much like beer; corn and caramel may also be added.

The Malta is like a beer that has not been fermented. Its color is dark brown but is very sweet. Unlike beer, ice can be added to a Malta when consumed. A popular way Latin Americans sometimes drink malta is by mixing it with condensed or evaporated milk.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I think this really comes down to why you love beer so much. Is it it the feeling of being intoxicated? If so then I'm not sure you should be looking for an alternative. If it is just the taste, that is a tough one to replicate. If you like the bitterness then maybe black coffee or mate will help. Beer is definitely it's own thing though, so you may not find anything remotely as satisfying.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Beer isn't really a healthy alternative, you know. I think you're better of drinking juice or coffee instead. Although gin and juice is also a good alternative.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think if you want an alcoholic beverage then the alternatives to beer tend to be somewhat more pricier that's unless your brew alcohol at home. It's not that hard.

For non-alcoholic alternatives there are plenty that are cheaper and healthier — lemonade, orangeade, mangoade, etc.

There's also apple cider.

6. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Another option - if its the flavor of the beer that you enjoy - would perhaps be to consider switching to one of the alcohol free beers.

I say that as - not only have they become extremely popular where I live - which admittedly is probably partly due to our very strict drink driving laws - but as alcohol free beer is now what a large majority of the guys here drink and according to them they're a perfectly acceptable alternative to many of the full alcohol beers - it may well be worth giving them a try.

7. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    How about trying out shandy? It still has beer content but it's very minimal because the biggest proportion of it is soft drink. I remember when I was still in my teenage years, it was the only sort of alcoholic beverage I was allowed to drink but I felt like I was somehow drinking beer whenever I was gulping some. :)