Alternatives to PayPal

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by alfonso • Oct 17, 2013.

1. alfonso

alfonsoMember

Threads:
    I've been using Paypal for a few months now, and my experience so far has been satisfactory at best. I've been thinking about signing up for a second payment account online, can anyone suggest a good alternatives to PayPal?

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    If you enjoy paypal, then it would be better to just create a secondary paypal account. Even if there is other alternatives to paypal, there is not a safest and most trustworthy service as the original when it comes to protecting your money.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know what is the utility that you give to your PayPal account, but in recent years there are other alternatives, but they aren't very popular. With over a decade running, 2ChekOut offers its online payment services. In my case it would be the option to choose after PayPal. Perhaps the tax is a little higher, but it is totally recommended.

AlertPay is one of the sites that have the platform with more similarities to Paypal. According to feedback from users, they provide excellent support and are very close to their users. This is a site that offers everything from Paypal, maybe with a slightly higher fee, which is 2.5%. Maybe it's a viable option if you want something more professional. :)

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a number of services you can use instead of paypal. To find out everything about them it would be best to actually visit their respective web-sites so I'll provide only the links:

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Moneybookers have recently increased their fees, they are not much better than Paypal, sadly. The problem is that most online retailers etc only accept Paypal, they will not accept random transaction facilities like payoneer because they are not well known and trusted. Paypal dominates the market and the consumer suffers.

6. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I am using Paypal with 0 issues or concerns so my advice with be to stick with Paypal because it gives a great service and no worries. I don't deal with big amounts of money, but I haven't heard complains about Paypal from anyone.

7. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I sell gigs on fiverr and they offer a alternative to paypal. I do not suggest anyone take the alternative company because, they hold part of your money, and they will not allow you to send you revenue to them if it is less than twenty dollars. I do a few, different things online and I think paypal is the best way to recieve payments.

8. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    I think stripe is a great alternative for PayPal. It does not request any setup or monthly fees, and they only charge you when you earn money. This ranges from 2.9% + 30 cents per successful charge, however it is quite impressive to check on their website updates about the fees. Braintree is also another option for PayPal which charges the same as stripe. Love them all try them and see.

9. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    If you can then I would suggest you stick with PayPal. If all else fails then I suggest Payza as your alternative. They operate just like PayPal and widely popular with most people.

10. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    I've used payza and I've never had any issues with it but it is hardly popular online. In fact if you research a bit you'd find that no other alternative is even a 10th as popular as paypal is. I guess you're better of just using paypal only, instead of going for anternatives many of whom are not as popular and a fair few others aren't as reliable.

11. Dola1991

Dola1991New Member

Threads:
    You can't go wrong with paypal. I feel so secure using it. I've never tried alternatives because paypal has worked out so well. To be honest, I've never heard of any of the alternatives.

12. ZRadach

ZRadachMember

Threads:
    If I were you I would stay away from Google Wallet... I have had bad experiences with them and heard the same from others.

Although I would say that Google Wallet is doable if needed, for whatever reason... they also might have superior security to PayPal due to sheer funding.

So maybe get multiple methods as backups? I would say PayPal is the smoothest, most convenient, fastest, ergonomic, and reliable of all that I have used so far.

Thanks for reading and have a great day! :D

13. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Moneybookers would be your safest bet. While I still recommend paypal as a prime online account, others can be viable as well. Google wallets is also a great alternative but some users had/still have problems with it. Just use whatever you find more easy for you and stay away from 3rd party websites !

14. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    Here are some of the alternatives to paypal

There are plenty more but these are the most recognized and widely used and accepted ones.

15. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if you guys are already using or have heard of Payoneer but I honestly don't recommend it. Even if it can be an alternative to PayPal but withdrawing through their debit card cost me more than transferring money from PayPal to my bank account. I haven't tried Payza yet but it has a better system than Payoneer. If you're interested, you may try it out for yourself. So far, though, only PayPal's money transfer system has worked for me.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    There are some alternatives that are country specific like Payza for Canada or Webmoney but those can also be used by international users as well, though I wouldn't exactly call them any better or worse than Paypal to be honest. They do provide payment options for sites that don't usually support paypal though so that is their main advantage, even though most of the time the sites that tend to support these payment methods are a little questionable and it's often why Paypal won't support them.