Alternatives To Starbucks

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Liv6 • Jun 23, 2015.

1. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    I've been buying drinks (mainly frappuccinos) from Starbucks for years now, but I am heading off to college soon and will no longer be able to afford such a luxury so frequently. However, as I am an avid coffee drinker, I need my fix. :) What alternative, cheaper coffee stores do you guys enjoy?

2. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    I cannot at all think of anything as awesome as Starbucks so the only way I might could help ya out is suggest a good blender and search pinterest for copycat recipes for the fraps.
    I know you can buy Starbucks brand coffee at the grocery store to make at home if that would help any but as far as another brand or franchise of coffee shop being as good AND less expensive... I don't think it exists! LOL

3. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    I'm not a coffee or frappuccino drinker. McDonalds sells coffee drinks and so do Dunkin donuts. I don't know how much they cost but they are some other options. They do sell Starbucks in stores and that can help you save money by making your own.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The hype over Starbucks is really crazy. I don't understand it sometimes. Even a third world country like mine is addicted to Starbucks. Come to think of it, most of their coffee blends can be whipped up at home. As long as you have a coffeemaker and the right ingredients - including whipped cream and choice coffee beans - you'd be able to brew coffee at a fraction of the cost you'd normally incur when going to coffee shops.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd give McDonald's coffee a try. It's made from decent freshly ground beans and costs around 40% less than Starbucks.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I hear all the time that Dunkin’ Donuts coffee is way better than Starbucks. McDonalds coffee has somewhat more mixed reviews, but I know my mom really likes it. And for their prices, it couldn’t hurt to try it out.

7. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    I personally don't typically go for McDonald's coffee because although it is cheap, it's always a bit too strong for my tastes. Also, it tends to come scorching hot (which is normally good), but I tend to forget that it needs to cool off, take a sip, and incur damage to my mouth (which, of course, causes me to not be able to taste the rest of the drink). :D

I think I might try Dunkin' Donuts, however.

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Do you know what my alternative to Starbucks is? My local independent cafe. It is much cheaper, the service is more personal and the coffee tastes better (as attested to by my girlfriend as I hate coffee).

On a slight side note: Can someone tell me why coffee shops (Starbucks, Costa, etc) put tape around the cup blocking out their name?