Alternatives to whey protein

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by 003 • Jan 7, 2015.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Say you are in dire need of protein, but just can't take the whey protein, or what if you need that protein immediately and you don't have whey protein that's readily within your reach, sure there are plenty of alternatives that could work it out the same way whey protein does. But what are they? From reading some article, whey protein isn't actually hard to find. In fact, they are more accessible and come in cheaper price. One is the egg protein and the pea protein. Everywhere you go, there are tons of them and compared to whey protein they cost far way cheaper. So even if you have whey protein that's easy to your access, but you are wanting to save, then some alternatives will sure to effectively take the place of whey protein.

2. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I eat a lot of Greek yogurt and peanut butter in place of whey protein. Greek yogurt has something like 20+ grams of protein per cup and only 120 calories. Combining these two into a smoothie are extremely filling and offer about half your recommended protein for the day.

3. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    If you would want protein, just eat peanut butter. Unless you are lifting heavy and know what protein powder actually does to your body, then I would just eat the peanut butter. I only take protein shakes on heavy lift days and on cardio I don't take it.

4. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As recent research has found that the average person actually consumes almost double their protein requirements from diet alone and it is therefore highly unlikely - that anyone would ever be in dire need of protein or more importantly require extra protein in the form of a supplement - if health is your goal - following a well-balanced diet containing adequate calories and nutrients combined with a well-designed resistance training program that can build and strengthen muscles - would be the more cost effective and healthier option.

Particularly as - there are major health risks associated with high protein diets - for example - excess protein consumption is now strongly linked with osteoporosis, kidney diseases, calcium stones in the urinary tract along with many other very debilitating diseases.

5. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    Fat free greek yoghurt Fat free greek yoghurt is an excellent source of protein, and it is also delicious greek yogurt can contain up to 17 to 20g of protein.