Am I too old to still be

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by supergirl • Aug 19, 2012.

1. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    Am I too old to still be wearing shorts and jeans everywhere I go? I am 24 year old woman who hasn't left education just yet. I don't have a boyfriend and rarely go out clubbing. I have no reason to dress up in skirts or dresses.. and have always really considered myself a bit of a tom boy. I don't know what to do about my dress style because I see a lot of people that are my age looking a lot more glamorous as they walk down the street, than I do. Can any recommend any casual out fits that would cut out my need for shirt and jeans?
    Maybe you could post some links of casual/tom boyish style outfits from other websites?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I can't because I think there's anything wrong with the way you're dressing now. If you WANT to start dressing up more, then by all means, do it. I don't think that's age-related at all, though, and at some point, you're going to find yourself in a job or whatever where you can't dress like this all the time, so why rush it?

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    If you're comfortable dressing like that, why worry? You'll look much more attractive relaxing in clothes that are comfortable and suit your style than if you dress out of character. As Jessi said, the time will come when you need to dress more formally, so just make the most of your current sartorial freedom and stop worrying about something so minor.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Jeans and t-shirts can be quite stylish. It depends on the t-shirt and the accessories. A nice jacket or blazer, heels and a nice handbag will update your look. Find a celebrity who fits your style, but don't copy her exactly. Add your personality and touches to create your own style.

5. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    You are free to wear whatever it is that you feel comfortable with no matter what age you are. I'm a little bit of a tomboy too and I love wearing shorts, jeans and just a plain white tea along with my sneakers even when I'm already 26 years old! I think the key here is really not what you wear but how you wear them. Just be confident. :)

6. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    Not at all! Just be you and wear what is comfortable to you. Dress to impress yourself, not other people. Shorts and jean can be a very attractive thing to wear anyway.

7. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    Ha! I'm almost twice your age and I much prefer jeans and a t-shirt to dressing up. I think you should go with what makes you comfortable, no matter what. If you get a job where you need a different style, then you obviously would have to expand your wardrobe but in the meantime, you should only worry about pleasing yourself.

8. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Just please yourself and don't worry about what anyone else says. Jeans are for comfort and style and you can also dress them up or down with a little blazer, sweater or blouse. Enjoy your time in your jeans and don't worry about it because you might get a job one day that requires you to wear a suit or dress everyday and you can still spend your evenings or off time in what you like. The same as I am, I am a jeans person and nice blouse with a neat blazer to dress for any time of day or night.

9. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    If that's what makes you comfortable, don't worry. A lot of girls your age are probably wearing the same style. But if you really want to dress up a bit and still wear jeans, look for a girly/blousey top and wear nice shoes or sandals, plus pair it with a couple of cute, girly accessories. You can also do that with a pair of shorts. Try to check Forever 21, most of what I see there are jeans and girly tops. You might find something that will suit your tastes.