Amana clothes washer

Discussion in Product Reviews started by dconklin • May 17, 2013.

1. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    A few weeks ago I had asked everybody here about what the best brand is for a clothes washer. I had looked at quite a few from several different places - online and off. We decided to go with the Amana washer and we are very happy with it! It was cheaper then some and has a lot of cycle selections along with a high speed spin. Compared to my old washer, this new one spins so much better. We use the dryer less then we did before because it spins that good. Now my old washer was old so I am sure that this technology isn't new (just new to me) but we are quite happy with our purchase.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced washer, Amana is definitely a great choice! It even has a handwash cycle.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    That's awesome! I'm glad your new washer is working out so well. Our old one is still chugging along but I will keep Amana in mind if it does ever give out on us. I like the sound of a handwash cycle. We get pretty cold in the winter months where we live, so we own a ton of sweaters. I prefer to hand wash them, machines tend to shrink them pretty bad. Well, congrats again on the new washer.

3. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    It has a delicate cycle too - actually there is 2 delicate cycles. There is a casual cycle for regular and heavy - depending on how soiled they are. 3 selections for the normal wash - super heavy, regular and light. Then there is rinse and drain for bathing suits and stuff that you are going to just rinse. It also has a drain and spin cycle for if you handwash and want to get more of the water out. The handwash cycle is supposed to be just like you washed them in the sink - that gentle. I am impressed and it was cheaper then some of the other brands!

4. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

I am going to be buying a washer and dryer within the next couple of weeks and I am not sure which ones to get. It sounds like you have gotten a really good one. How much did it cost you and where did you buy it at. Did you happen to notice how much they sale the pair (Washer and Dryer for)? I can't wait to get me my washer and dryer back didn't realize how much I would miss till now!

5. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    We got it at a local appliance store and we paid $501 with the tax - I think it was $459 before tax. I didn't notice how much the dryer was since we didn't have the money for a dryer and we desperately needed the washer! The old one just completely stopped working.

It is possible that a major store (like Lowe's or Sears) may have it a little cheaper, but the local store delivered and hooked it up free where Sears wanted to charge another $70 to deliver it.

6. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    Amana is a good brand. I also like the Kenmore brand as well. My current machine is a Kenmore and I expect that I'll get many years of service from it. I'll probably have to replace the belt at some point, but that't no big deal.

7. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Kenmore does have some great products too! This just happened to be the best deal for the money at the time. We were looking for cheap but good. It wasn't something we had money saved up for it was one of those "oh no the washer died and we need to buy one" kind of things - completely unprepared for it.

8. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the review on the Amana washer. I'm glad you are pleased with your purchase of one of their washing machines. I know from personal experience how hard a purchase this can be. Because of the fact that this is an appliance that can be used on a daily basis. Well, at least in my home that is the case. So, buying the right washing machine can be an important decision.