Amazing deal I scored at Kohls...

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by chlv • Nov 30, 2012.

1. chlv

chlvMember

Threads:
    Perhaps this deal had to do with the fact that I shopped the week of Thanksgiving, but I thought I would share anyway because Kohl's really can be a great place to save with all of the coupons they give out.

Here was my scenario:

I bought one electric can opener, one crock pot, and one griddle online at Kohls. The regular price of these items totals $99.97.
    They were on sale and this brought them down to $62.97.
    There was a 15% off online code for that day - bringing the total down to $57.86
    Add in free shipping for orders over $50 - no extra costs to ship.
    With the deal, I received $15 Kohl's cash back, which totals $42.86
    Each one of these products qualified for a Mail in Rebate of $10. The total MIR value is $30 and I'm left with $12.86.
    I did this deal through Ebates, and since I was first time user, I got a $10 Target gift card, bringing this down to $2.86
    Ebates offered 6% cash back on my Kohl's purchase and I wound up paying NEGATIVE .35 cents!!
    It doesn't stop there.
    Kohls sent me a random email after my purchase asking me to click for further coupons. I did and a few days later I received a $5 coupon.
    So, in theory, I ended up getting paid $5.35 cents for 100 dollars worth of kitchen items! I love Kohls!

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    That's pretty amazing. I bought a few things that came with the rebate and got Kohls cash too. I was happy with it. The only problem I see is some of the rebate items are on back order. I had shopped online. I hope they come in time for the rebate because I need the UPC from the package.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Holy crap! That's great! I wish I could find deals like that :(

4. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    Great deal, congrats about that! I like those complex little deals that leave you paying almost nothing.

5. celltown

celltownNew Member

Threads:
    Great Deal and Great Fing! Good Job!

6. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Congrats on your huge saving. I love Kohls but I never shop there because I don't live near one. They have so much cool stuff that I'm afraid I would over-spend.

7. chlv

chlvMember

Threads:
    Thanks everyone! I was so excited over my savings and I just had to post it! If you don't have a store near you, there are a lot of great deals online as well. I believe they always offer free shipping over $50 and they let you combine coupons. For example, you can combine a "percent-off" coupon with a "dollar amount off" coupon. Sometimes they send out a $10 coupon in the mail as well and there is no minimum purchase. Also, you can use their coupons on clearance items, which many stores don't allow.

8. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I have never shopped at Kohls, anyway, thanks for your share, op.