Amazon Brand

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Rosyrain • May 20, 2016.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I just heard on the news the other day that Amazon is getting ready to launch their own label for a food brand. They will have their own milk, baby food, and other food items. What do you think of this? Will you buy Amazon brand food items?

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's interesting. I haven't heard that, although it's not surprising in light of their foray into the grocery and grocery and household goods delivery sector of the market. I would probably take advantage of it if I had Amazon Prime. I don't have Prime, but would possibly still consider buying their products, particularly if they were made in the United States, and buying them created jobs for Americans.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon's goal is to get the best deals for their customers and I'm sure that Amazon food items will be cheaper than some of the more expensive brands. But because they wouldn't want to sully their reputation they'll their products will have to be high quality.

That's why I'll buy Amazon's food products. As their reputation will be on the line quality [of the products they sell] won't be an afterthought for them.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with @Denis Hard@Denis Hard that Amazon will work to protect their brand by doing what they think their customers want. They seem to be responsive to the demand for a monthly subscription plan versus (in addition to) the yearly payment system of Amazon Prime, and are also working to bring handcrafters and artisans onto the site, because they know that shoppers will sometimes pay more for one of a kind items, rather than mass manufactured ones, and that many sellers are not happy with how their shops are faring on Etsy. I'm interested to see how they proceed with this project, and might just use it myself.

5. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    As long as they provide good quality/price, I endorse their initiative. Food is something that always sells well regardless how many competition are already hoarding demand as much as possible. Now the question which demography is going to target Amazon demography. Middle class? Lower Middle class? Higher class?

6. Dilof

DilofMember

Threads:
    I'd say it'll be a success with the growing use of Online shopping I can't really see how this can go wrong and I do trust in amazon to at least make balanced and rational decisions.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds really interesting. I am sure their items will be priced competitively as well. I think Amazon will do what they need to do to stay on top of the game. I saw Jeff Beszos on 60 Minutes one time,,,he realizes that at some point they will be put out of business,or no longer the go to source, but he wants to stay relevant and on top as long as possible, as is probably the goal of every CEO.