Amazon Fresh

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Juno • Jan 23, 2015.

1. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone tried Amazon Fresh? It is a new fresh food delivery program from Amazon. It sounds promising and very tempting to remove the hassle of grocery shopping, but I'm skeptical about what I might end up getting. How much quality assurance do they offer?

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of this service but has never actually tried it. I also would be curious to know what kind of guarantee they give on the quality of the items. To be honest though when it comes to buying groceries I prefer to still do so out in the physical world. I guess groceries are among those things that I would rather see before I buy, kind of like a car, which is another item I wouldn't buy online. If you are really curious in finding out about Amazon fresh you could probably find customer reviews online. There are various websites where individuals go to give their point of view on online products.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have also read about this service, and I think it could be very helpful to some people who just don't have time to shop, or can't for some reason.
    From what I have read, it only is working in certain areas, so if you live out in the country where you might like to have food delivery, it is not available.
    I actually live in a fairly large town, and it is not available here, or at least it wasn't when I first read about it.
    Amazon always has good quality products; so I am sure that they will partner with the best stores in each area to have them deliver your fresh food to your door.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    With online grocery shopping, I would limit my shopping to non-perishables. More often than not, they aren't going to send you banged up boxes or dented cans, so to have someone else bring in the heavier items is a real help. Then you can run in and buy your own meat and produce.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never tried Amazon Fresh. My area was one of the initial roll out areas. I think you have to be an Amazon Prime member before being able to buy via Amazon Fresh. I do like their trucks.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It sounds like a great idea to be honest, especially for people who are unable to drive, since it would be much cheaper to pay a small delivery fee than it is to take a taxi to the store. Actually, one of our local grocery stores already offers something like this, but it's more intended to deliver groceries to the disabled. They only have one van that goes around making deliveries.

As of right now, their site says there is no delivery fee to use their service - but their minimum order is $50. I'm guessing they work out some agreement with the stores to sell them the items at a cheaper price, so they can take a cut of the sale.

My main concerns would be, do we need to tip the driver? If so, that's going to end up costing a lot more, especially if they add delivery fees to the order. You can also request unattended delivery, but you need to leave the bags they supply you at your doorstep, and what's to stop someone from running by and stealing them? Even then, should I be leaving tips for the driver along with the bags?

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely tip the driver, just as you would anyone else that is delivering something to you outside of UPS or FedEx. They are providing you a service and one that involves your food, you don't want to be the one who doesn't tip. Well, I don't.

8. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I can get a box of produce delivered to me from one of the local farmer's markets for $25 - that's the box cost, not sure if there is a delivery charge, but I prefer to pick my own produce. No one else is going to take the time to look through each item and check for bruises and soft spots, etc.

The stuff I get here is grown here or nearby, harvested just before it goes to the market, and will keep for a bit if I don't use it immediately, unlike produce from the grocery.

9. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    When I was in my teens and early twenties I would take the bus to the store and take a taxi back home with the groceries. Everything costs more now, but it wasn't far to the store so it wan't expensive to take a taxi.