Amazon Fresh?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Dame6089 • Jun 10, 2015.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have any experience with Amazon Fresh. I am an extremely loyal Amazon customer and will basically give any of their services a try. Amazon Fresh seems like the biggest stretch yet though as they are delivering fresh groceries. I'm wondering what experiences other people have had.

2. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    I am a loyal customer of Amazon as well, and did not know they were starting a grocery service. I had read somewhere on this forum that it was a rumor. If they have implemented the service I think its great, and probably give it a shot. I am a big time Amazon customer.

3. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of this before now. I take it that this only applies to a select area for now?

4. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    I would love it if Amazon Fresh was available in my area. I don't have any personal experience with the service but if it is run by Amazon I would imagine that its reliable. Amazon is probably the biggest internet retailer so I'm sure there are going to be some bad products but for the most part I would imagine that its a good service. I cant wait to try it out one day.

5. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to see how they worked that out! I'm assuming they have people all over to go take care of it for them. But thats an awful lot of people in an awful lot of places. They couldn't possibly keep up with them all.

6. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    Never heard of this till now but I know Amazon provides good service but I know a lot of people who have some trouble with these food delivering companies due to delivery services and orders not being complete. Not sure how Amazon would do in terms of this but the companies that I've had the pleasure to deal with around my area wasn't pleasant. I'd give it a try though.

7. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I couldn't do it without knowing all the details, first. I would need to know who picks it up. where they pick it up from, my options as far as which store, how long it'll take to get it here, and if its a refrigerated truck.

8. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Haha, Dame. Your profile picture is ironical to the thread, since Saul is working at Cinnabon, haha. Now, regarding to the actual Amazon thingy they want to release... pfft, I don't see them good. It's a saturated market already and I thought they were the last ones to consider doing that.

9. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon wants their hand in everything, it seems. Just like Walmart.

10. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I think grocery delivery services are taking things too far. I want to know where my food comes from. Who knows what the quality of the produce would be if it's coming from who knows where? Maybe it would save you some money, but what if they are spraying it with stuff to make it not wilt? How do you know if you aren't getting the poorest nutritional value out there if their sources aren't treating the soil well?

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, Amazon is looking to own the whole market LOL Is there any pie they don't have their finger in?? This is the first time I'm hearing about Amazon Fresh. It'll probably be available in the US only. Sometimes I do wish we could enjoy all these things that are made available only to US residents. All in good time, I guess. Probably in the next few decades LOL

12. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon offers so many things and services that is truly hard keep it up with them.

In fact I have not realized about Amazon Fresh until you are mentioning here!

Well, probably Amazon sent a newsletter informing about it, but I rarely read newsletters because of the ton I'm subscribed to.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard of Amazon Fresh, but haven't used them. My area was one of the test areas. I live within walking distance of my favorite grocery stores so I don't feel the need to use Amazon Fresh. Plus, like to pick my own fruits and vegetables.

I think you have to pay an additional fee on top of being an Amazon Prime member. I noticed the green trucks and did a bit of research on it. I didn't know about Amazon Fresh until I saw the trucks.

14. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Then it's only for those who seek convenience. All those fees . . . people would be spending more money than they would if they got their groceries from local stores. For those who buy online so they can save money, I guess Amazon fresh would have to be struck off their [money-saving] lists.

15. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I hate going to the grocery store. But it's a necessary evil. The truth is I won't let anyone do the grocery shopping for me. I compare prices, and have very specific items that I get. Its stuff I wouldn't think to write down on a list.

16. GeeCee

GeeCeeMember

Threads:
    One of the greatest teases I encounter in my everyday commute is seen those darn white and green Amazon Fresh trucks driving around throughout Los Angeles. I already have Amazon Prime, and I love it. I have giant 50 pound bags of dog food delivered to my house every other week, and it doesn't cost me anything. No time, no gas. Plus, you get movies and everything else Amazon has to offer along with it. Well worth the $100 per year.

But, I'm really eager to get my hands on Amazon Fresh. They haven't arrived in my neck of the woods yet, but I'm waiting for them. I can't wait until I can order a couple of hundred dollars worth of food, and having arrived at my door. They've also promised that if you do order through Amazon Fresh, you'll get it within two days, and more than likely get it next day. I swear, I will never go to my grocery store again.

17. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd also say that I was somewhat of a loyal customer to Amazon, and that I hardly ever even look into any of their services, much less subscribe to any of them. I have no idea what Amazon Prime is, and didn't know that Amazon Fresh was even a thing, until I saw the title of this thread lol. Is it available in the UK, because I know that some services are only available in certain countries,

18. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I have been trying to work out the logistics of this service. I came up with :its probably only available in major cities. I've not actually checked the terms and rules, and such. This is just all based on speculating with different friends and family.