Amazon Gift Wrap Option

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by addicted_buyer • Dec 9, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    This is another of those expectation vs. reality scenarios. The $3.99 gift wrap option from Amazon.

6026073_460s.

2. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    No way. Are they kidding with that wrapping job?? (You paid money for that:mad:?) I would be so mad.

The first picture you posted, of the nicely wrapped gifts, makes me want to get up right now and go shopping. What a beautiful picture, uughh!! Such beautifully wrapped and/or ribbon-ed boxes (made up my own word, "ribbon-ed").

Well, at least you are turning lemons to lemonade and posting here about it. I wonder if you are going to return it, or call Amazon, or e-mail them about this or something.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Sorry, I forgot to mention, the photo isn't mine, I took it from a site called 9GAG!

But still, something similar happened to me. There was a contest in a forum I'm a member of, that offered free gift wrap options, and I was one of the winners. I thought it'd be nice to get something Christmassy - wrong! I got a plain brown box for my order, and in addition, some items were missing. Luckily they refunded me after they knew they had made a mistake.

Whoever got his/her order with that wrapping in the photo, though, must definitely be pissed off! How good is Amazon's customer service, by the way?

4. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I wondered about their gift wrap option. I don't mind wrapping so I always done it myself. Looks like that was the right decision. I've always had good interactions with Amazon's customer service, but they are inefficient. I've tried to cancel an order within 10 minutes if placing it. They said it was to late and just return it when I receive it. It was an item with free return shipping. I had no trouble with the return.

5. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! I would be so mad if I paid for that and it came like that. I enjoy wrapping my own presents so I never pay extra. But sheesh. I feel bad for those this happened to! It's just wrong!

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Even tho i got a lot of my Christmas gifts from amazon i never use the gift wrapping because i can do it myself and it'd only cost me a dollar for the wrapping and because i like to open my things make sure they are in good shape and everything is there.

7. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    Totally not worth the price. The gift would have looked way better in one of those generic gift boxes instead of that attempt at wrapping. I usually don't go for the gift wrap option because I prefer to wrap my own gifts.

8. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    To me it looks like it's somebodies first day on the job and they don't quite know what they're doing or last day on the job and they don't care. I agree with vpresson, it's better anyway to open the package and make sure that everything is in good working order and complete before having it wrapped up.

9. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    LMAO!! Glad I never paid for the gift wrap option for anything I ordered. I have been curious about it a few times though. Thanks for the warning bro rotfl!

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Maybe Amazon recently employed a whole lot of people, because in another forum I'm on, someone posted about purchasing a Tarantino XX box set. This was it (he paid $3 for it):

C965BA041.

At least it looks a little more decent and more like the advertising photo.

11. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I'm in the same boat as you are. I never pay for gift wrapping. I worked in retail (and a baby/toy store, no less) for over 2 years. It was a non-stop gift wrapping, moreso during the holidays and "baby shower." So, for me, gift wrapping is a breeze - no matter how weird the box/product is.
    As convenient as it is, paying for gift wrap isn't worth it. Not only is getting your own materials less expensive, but you get to pick and choose the perfect wrapping paper and ribbon - not some generic brown paper or blue paper, with a silver ribbon. That looks nice - but I'd rather choose from the 4 different patterns/wrapping paper I bought for less than $7 at CVS.

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I would be sooo mad if I paid for that, wow. How sad looking :(. I enjoy wrapping things myself anyway and adding a little personal touch, but that is just an insulting picture. lol.

13. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I recently purchased some gift items from Amazon and I am glad that I was too frugal to pay for the gift wrap option. I hope that customer was issued a refund at the least.

14. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that is really bad! I have been tempted to use the gift wrap option on items that I ship as a gift directly to someone else. I know not to use it now. Thanks for the share!

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the gift wrap option is a great idea but I wouldn't pay 4 dollars for my gift to be wrapped. I had an absolute nightmare wrapping presents this year. I had to start again using online present wrapping tutorials, truly retarded, haha.

16. Smackz

SmackzNew Member

Threads:
    These gift wrap options are a complete waste of money. Accept the plain and simple and don't risk having some random person get his hands all over your stuff just so you have more work to do when you open it.

17. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Ugh, that's definitely not worth it.

There's a place in the mall here that does gift wrapping and they actually do a fantastic job usually. Whenever they hire someone new, though, there are always some gifts that go out as....well, less than fantastic...and then end up having to re-do them while the new guy/girl gets the hang of things.

18. GSBryce

GSBryceMember

Threads:
    Oh well now that's just awful! I could wrap better when blindfolded. What a waste of money. Target also offers gift wrapping and I know they have ties to Amazon. Wonder if the quality is any different.

19. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I think that wrapping the presents is the one of the best parts of Christmas, I would never do it any other way. It doesn't matter how perfect it is when you wrap,it is the fun you have doing it and and then seeing them open it!

20. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    Yes though many people just don't get that! :p

Well to be honest, I like wrapping the gifts and if you mess up, it's all about restarting and having fun again, like you said. :)