Amazon Gift Wrap Option

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by addicted_buyer • Dec 9, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    It's indeed fun and it definitely looks better than some default store wrapping (especially one as plain as Amazon's). The sad part, though, is that I could never learn how to properly wrap a present. It's just beyond me!

2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I like wrapping my own gifts too. It's a gift giving/Christmas tradition. Play some music, get all wrappy.

And yeah, I've always wondered what the amazon gift wrapping looked liked. That photo, however, was a prank right? There is no way they could put out that product!!

I would only ever consider getting my gifts wrapped if I was at one of those booths in the mall that donates all the gift wrapping revenue to a charity. That's the only way I would pay someone to do it for me.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's just scandalous. I have never paid for the gift wrap option and I never will. I enjoy wrapping gifts too. If I want the gift sent directly to the person I buying the gift for, the wrapping would be a nice touch. No thanks.

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Somehow this really doesn't surprise me. Some years back my sister bought me a doll (long story, but its a cherish gift) and she paid extra to have it gift wrapped. The store's idea of gift wrap through the mail look similar to what Amazon does. The doll came in a red Bag with a bow tied at the top. Really great gift wrapping job there for having to pay extra for it. Well, it wasn't a total loss, we still use that red bag to store our Christmas tree skirt the rest of the year.

5. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I was also curious to see the wrapping job, as I did buy a gift from Amazon for someone. But I'm glad I didn't go for it. $3.99 isn't that cheap either.

6. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    Lol! I order from amazon all the time. I always wondered about the gift wrap option and now I know. Thank you for saving me money and embarrassment.

7. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

I think though people fall for it because of the commercials. The commercials show a happy family with pretty-wrapped presents dancing around and having fun. And you think to yourself..."what pretty wrapping paper". They do a better job of gift wrapping than I do. And then you go to the actual store, buy something, and have them wrap it. And then you look at it, and say...this isn't like the commercial. I think the only good gift wrapping comes from those real HIGH END stores where the people who buy stuff can get employees fired. Or spend so much money at the store on a regular basis, that they are valued customers. So someone's always there to please and take care of them.

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Wow... burn.

I wouldn't pay for the gift wrapping option anyway. It doesn't ever cost me $3.99 to wrap a gift myself.