Amazon Instant Video : Drive

Discussion in Product Reviews started by katniss • Mar 29, 2012.

1. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I like being surprised by movies. If the movie was just chase scenes, I'd have never given it another thought after leaving the theater. What I like about Drive is that you're led to cheer for Ryan Gosling's character, but that becomes more difficult as the movie goes on and you see that he's frighteningly violent. One could easily see him using this propensity to violence for bad as well as good. It's like a reverse Travis Bickle.

2. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I like being surprised by movies. If the movie was just chase scenes, I'd have never given it another thought after leaving the theater. What I like about Drive is that you're led to cheer for Ryan Gosling's character, but that becomes more difficult as the movie goes on and you see that he's frighteningly violent. One could easily see him using this propensity to violence for bad as well as good. It's like a reverse Travis Bickle.

This is the link if you want to rent the movie "Drive" for 24 hours.

3. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    Is this a movie review of the movie drive? I'm kinda confused, anyway, I Haven't seen this movie yet but plan on trying to buy the DVD soon so I can watch it :)

4. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    Yes, this is a review of that movie.

SPOILER ALERT! THE FOLLOWING TEXT CONTAINS A MINOR SPOILER! SPOILER ALERT!

I don't know if I didn't listen hard enough or I was just ignorant but I love the fact that they never gave him a name. The movie had me genuinely invested Ryan's character. He's apparently not that bad of an actor!

5. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't like this movie when I saw it. I thought it was pretty bad to be honest. But then again, it doesn't help that I was never a fan of Ryan Goesling as an actor. So that might have factored in.

6. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    Drive does look like a very promising film, with a lot emotion (despite it being an action movie). I think I should probably go pick it up sometime soon, at least rent it. Anybody know where I could get it for cheap?