Amazon Instant Video on XBox 360

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Sugarhill • May 30, 2012.

1. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    They've added a new app to the XBox to play Amazon Instant Video. If you have ever bought or rented anything from Amazon, they will be available.

If you're a Prime member, the entire library is available.

This will put a lot of pressure on Netflix. As of late, there has been a lot of complaints about Netflix's streaming availability and Prime is a once a year purchase that covers more than just video streaming.

This will only make the XBox and it's Live service that much more appealing. I'll never understand the people that complain about the price of Live, they have gone out their way to make all of their extras appealing to so many types of different people that you are almost shortchanging yourself if the only reason you use your XBox is gaming.

2. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks I will have to check this out.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    When I saw that, I nearly flipped. Prime is about $80 bucks a year and Netflix comes out to about $96 a year and I can get my stuff in like two days! It's going to be really hard to not buying a membership. This is almost a no brainer.

4. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I just watch the videos on crackle on XBOX or download what I want to watch. I wouldn't ever pay for them.

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Netflix has trouble streaming on the Xbox, but not on the PS3. If I had an Xbox I would go with the Amazon deal because it's better than Netflix.

6. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I never had any issues streaming Netflix, I just realized that I wasn't actually using it, so I cancelled it. Even at $7.99, if you aren't watching anything at all, it's a waste of money. In addition to the fact that the XBox has HBO Go, if you have a Prime account and HBO, then what would you still need Netflix for? Someone stated that the Netflix library was larger, but I still don't know if I could justify having both. If I needed to see a new movie that bad, then I would break down and find a Redbox.

7. TylerC94

TylerC94New Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up, doing this right now!

8. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Not a problem. I figured somebody would benefit from this news. Even if you never used your membership for Amazon Instant Video, now you have a reason to start. I had purchased a show from them about a year or so ago. I watched it once, because I really don't like watching TV on my computer. But, now that my library is available to be seen on my TV, I have to go and see what else is there. I may have bought some other stuff that I've forgotten about.