Amazon Local

Discussion in Local Deals (Daily Deal Sites) started by Parker • Apr 3, 2012.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon Local is much like Groupon. About 6 months ago I started receiving daily emails from them with great local deals. I'm not sure how or even if I did sign up to the program. I have purchased many books and other items from Amazon. I used assumed that I was automatically added to the program.

I did take up the offer for discounted pilates class. It was well worth it for me.

Has anyone purchased any of the products or services offered through Amazon Local?

2. Dude

DudeMember

Threads:
    I personally haven't...there are too many of these sites. Groupon is the original, then Google offers, now Amazon Local, and I'm sure that another will pop up in the near future. It's a bit frustrating.

I have only purchased one, from Groupon, for 3 hours of Laser Tag! :) I'm a kid at heart. :p

3. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    You missed one Dude,

. They have some good offers quite often. I do agree that there are too many of these sites though.

4. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    Yes! Spent $5 to get $10 worth of frozen yogurt at our family's favorite place. I'm also not sure how I got on their list. The emails just started showing up. Then again, I'm a long time Amazon customer and I used Amazon Fresh once, and they collect plenty of data from customers, so that's probably why. They probably started sending them out to people in test markets. I like them just as much as Living Social or Groupon. I'll use any sites that offer great deals on things I'd buy anyway, and Amazon has always had good customer service for me too.

5. Popatar

PopatarMember

Threads:
    I started getting these emails as well when I was in the US, I don't believe they offer the service outside of US though. Its starting to get too saturated. Groupon alone is more than enough.