Amazon Or Newegg For Pc Parts?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Hurin • Feb 9, 2015.

1. Hurin

HurinNew Member

Threads:
    Just curious, which is better for buying PC components? I don't usually have the time to do detailed price comparisons so I usually just buy from whichever I come across first. But I'm curious to know which store sells PC components at lower prices. Anyone have experience buying from both stores?

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I guess it would depend who you deal with out on Amazon. There are some very good computer parts businesses selling out on Amazon currently. I had an issue a few years back where I was looking for a new hard drive for my pervious laptop. I actually made a mistake of buying a hard drive for a desk top computer not once but twice. The company that I dealt with was very understanding about the whole situation and refunded my money both times. But then they had a good rating and reputation out on Amazon, which is something I always look for when it comes to computer parts and buying a new laptop.

As for Newegg to be honest I never actually heard of them till now. So, I have no experience that I can tell you about.

3. Turtletechie

TurtletechieNew Member

Threads:
    I have used both for ordering computer parts. Newegg is the most reliable for sure. But you can get reliable service from Amazon as long as you make sure the orders are fulfilled by Amazon. When it comes to price Amazon is often the cheapest but not always. What I usually do is check both sites for the parts I want and then choose which one is the cheapest.

4. elite1fl

elite1flMember

Threads:
    I've used Amazon and Newegg for several years, and between the two of them you don't need to shop anywhere else for PC components. The only thing I don't like about Newegg is their re-stocking fee on certain items. Even if you get a defective item they still charge you. So when shopping on Newegg just watch for restocking fees on the items you want. If you can get the same item at Amazon for the same price, go with Amazon.

One thing I did was install the Amazon 1Button App on my browser which is Chrome. So when you are shopping on Newegg's site and Amazon has the same item a little bar at the top pops up with the price on Amazon. If it's cheaper just click on the link and you go right to the Amazon page where the item is. It saves time from having to go to both sites. I have a link below to the 1Button App.

Link:

5. Hurin

HurinNew Member

Threads:
    Thank you all for your replies! So basically you are saying that if I were to RMA something on newegg I will have to pay extra? That sounds utterly ridiculous. Not going to buy from newegg if that's their policy. There's no reason I should pay if it's not my fault the product is defective.

Oh that's a pretty nifty tool. Perfect for doing price comparison. Thanks for that.

6. elite1fl

elite1flMember

Threads:

I totally agree. I bought a new router from them and had a problem with it. I read through reviews and a lot of people had the same problem. Turns out it was the manufacturers fault with overheating. If I would have exchanged it for another there would have been no restocking fee. Knowing about the design flaw I decided to get a refund. If I had a problem with one, I'm sure the next one would have the same problem. I decided on a refund and got charged a restocking fee. Not cool!

I still shop at Newegg because they do have some incredible deals, but like I stated before if I see it at Amazon for the same price I go with them. They don't do it with all items either, just some of them. It states it on the item's page if there is a restocking fee.

Your welcome on the app. It really saves time and works well.

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    It would depend solely on whose got the better deal actually. I personally have no problems or preference between Amazon and Newegg when it comes to PC parts as long as I get my item good but sometimes Newegg doesn't always have the parts you're after which is always a bummer when you already purchased all the parts you need and you have to go to Amazon just to get that one thing.