Amazon Payment, Just Why?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ThesePretzels • Jun 6, 2016.

1. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    After looking into MTurk I decided to go for it and sign up, if just for something to do in my free-time. Even as a long time Amazon shopper and subscriber to prime I had some issues with the Amazon Payment sign-up, instead of e-mailing me precisely what the problem was they banned me . Well I've contacted them through customer support, but I feel I've already wasted enough of my time and I'm very surprised how shoddy and behind the curve their in house solution to digital payment is.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a forum do that to me recently, and instead of discussing it with me like a reasonable venue they just wouldn't discuss it! Whatever I had to say didn't matter.I thought it was extremely unreasonable and just wrong!! Particularly since I had already done a great deal of work for them. I am surprised a place like Amazon would do that though. I would think they would have higher standards. Do you have any idea why you would have been banned?

3. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    You have to understand that they just have this huge corporate mentality and there isn't a lot to do in terms of personal communication sometimes. The reason mom & pop shops beat out corporate on customer service is because m&p has to care about their customers, corp doesn't.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally, if a site did this to me, I would question their ethics. If I question their ethics, I won't do business with them, and I will also let others know (much the way you did here) that there may be something underhanded going on, so they have the option of reading up on the situation and avoiding dealing with that company or individual.

I would think that a large corporation such as Amazon would care more about their reputation, even if not about their individual customers and workers. I know someone who worked for them directly before, and it didn't seem like the type of workplace I'd care to be associated with. Since then, I've heard others also speaking about how horrible the conditions were. If they're not doing anything underhanded, they shouldn't mind answering questions and explaining their policies.

5. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    They said it was because they couldn't verify some of the information, I think it was an error they were having in the name field. They got back to me after a week and offered to try and resolve the issue if I fax them more personal information. They didn't however state what precisely the problem was, so I remain unimpressed by this services meager offerings.