Amazon Prime Reading Library

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Happyflowerlady • Oct 20, 2016.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon has announced a new benefit for people who have an Amazon Prime account. It is called Amazon Reading, and it is a special library of books that you can check out and read. You are allowed to have up to 10 books checked out at a time, and can read them on any device that has the Kindle app, so you don't have to have an actual Kindle to use this new benefit. You can kee the book as long as you want, and as you return each book, then you can check out a new one to replace it, so that you can always have up to 10 books checked out.
    The books are grouped according to catagory, and there is both fiction and non-fiction. From my understanding of this new benefit, they will be adding even more books to the library as time goes on and now books become available on Amazon, and probably they will remove some of the older ones, just like happens with the Amazon Prime Movies.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still don't have Prime. I still want to get it, but it's just too far out of my budget right now. I think I'd benefit from the free shipping. I'm not sure I'd be all that interested in the video offerings, other than a few of them, but this sounds right up my alley. I like the idea of being able to not only borrow books, which I do right now via my library, but I particularly like that I could keep it as long as I want. I'm currently reading a library e-book that is about to expire, so I'm rushing to finish it before that happens. With the printed books, I can just get online and renew it to extend the borrowing period, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this for e-books borrowed through my library.