Amazon Prime

Discussion in Online Shopping started by TheAspertarian • Sep 29, 2013.

1. TheAspertarian

TheAspertarianNew Member

Threads:
    I got Amazon Prime a couple of years ago and don't know what I ever did without it!
    I do a lot of online shopping so it really pays for me to have it.
    I get free shipping on many of the things I purchase on Amazon and I get super fast shipping for $3.99.
    I can also watch movies and TV shows for free.
    It is a really good deal in my opinion.
    Has anyone else had Prime? What was your experience?

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I have it because I accidentally forgot to cancel my trial but I'm quite glad now.

Ithink I have easily made back the £50 I spent from the free deliveries I now get. It's always a bonus when you can order something in the morning and then receive it the next day!

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From what you guys say, I think I'll give Amazon Prime a try and see how I like it. Good thing is they have that 30-Day free trial - time enough to enjoy their premium services free!

But kidding aside, I think I could do with their express delivery especially if I'm purchasing something which I need to use urgently.

4. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I was thinking whether or not I should give it a try, or if it was worth the money but since reading the comments on the value received from the service, I think I will give it a try. I thought that free shipping was only for a few items on Amazon through Amazon Prime, but I will give it a try to see if it's worthwhile.

5. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    Amazon is starting to make their own shows. There's a few shows on there for Prime that are good. If anything, it's nice having the free two day shipping. I know the new kindle will let you download the Prime shows instead of having to stream them. That's nice for when you don't have an internet connection. For the price, it's really not a bad deal.

6. PandaCashBack

PandaCashBackNew Member

Threads:
    I used to have it when I was student, but stopped after that, there are a lot of limitation ( not applicable for marketplace sellers ) beside I hate to be limited to Amazon ( I would always think about the cost of shipping and forget about where can i find the cheapest item.

7. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Haven't tried Prime because I don't fret about superfast shipping and such. Plus, I the regular shipping is free on most Amazon products anyways.

8. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    In most of online stores it depends upon the cost of order you have purchased. Their is a minimum order price you should place for getting free shipping, quite frankly which sucks..

9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    We have Prime and I'd feel lost without it as well! We had considered it before but didn't go ahead with it until I got my kindle...there are tons of good options for free, buying at good prices and borrowing books, not to mention all the free instant videos. The shipping is great, too. We buy from amazon a lot so the free two day shipping on so many different things really ends up saving us a lot of money and hassle. Plus, their customer service is seriously some of the best we've ever dealt with.

10. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I only did the free trial, but am seriously considering doing the full version. I shop on Amazon so much, that it would really save me money in the long run on shipping and such. When I was a Prime member, there were also so many free movies and shows to choose from, so it also would save me money on renting movies. It's always nice to have access to free movies. I prefer to watch movies in my own home, rather than go out and watch them.

11. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    It's a really good service, and providing you order before 3pm, you can get stuff the next day in a lot of cases!

I think anyone that does a lot of shopping on Amazon should 100% being giving this a go.

12. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    So very jealous of you all for having Amazon Prime. It's not available here. I'm especially interested in Amazon's recent revelation on 60 minutes about having drones deliver items to your doorstep within half hour of ordering. Can you imagine?

13. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I had a free trial of Amazon Prime around the time of my sons birthday. It was really nice to not have to pay for shipping and have things delivered within a couple days but I find many things on Amazon are eligible for free shipping anyway. It may not get there in 2 days but in most cases I don't need things to arrive within 2 days anyway.

14. MegaZero

MegaZeroNew Member

Threads:
    Amazon Prime is GREAT! The price for it is surprisingly cheap and affordable to everyone. I would really recommend it if you are a online shopper because it really makes shipping and buying the stuff easier!

It is so awesome Amazon provides such service!

15. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I keep mulling this over in my head and no, no I can't imagine this.

I can see the logistics behind it, but really? Walk to your front door and a drone just drops it in front of you.. If this were to happen, it has got to be pretty expensive.

16. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I am interested in the Amazon Prime as well! Quick question is the Drone delivery with 30 minutes of order only for prime members? To me this is exciting! Really my interest in the Prime was only to save on shipping but the 30 minute delivery puts this into a whole new perspective! Thanks for all of the reviews! I am going to have to check into this a little more!

17. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    Hey, have you heard about Amazon Prime Air? Amazon just leaked the new delivery system they're working on involving quad-copters as means of delivering goods. They say it should be ready by 2015 when the laws for unmanned civil drones are changed/set.

18. suncoast15

suncoast15New Member

Threads:
    The shipping is the biggest thing for me and I renew my Prime membership every year - it pays for itself quickly with the amount I buy on Amazon. I don't think I've ever watched any streaming video but I guess it's there if I want to at some point! I have used the 3.99 overnight shipping more than once to save my butt around gift giving time. I had a student membership a few years ago but then just kept renewing it and I only pay $39/year instead of ~70.