Amazon Prime

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Zyni • Aug 9, 2016.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We did the free trial version and then decided to sign up. I have been taking advantage of the free shipping, and everything has arrived quickly so far. This makes my shopping, and my life, so much easier.

There is much more to it though. There is a good variety of programming to watch, and I haven't even delved into all the books and reading material yet.

The one thing that I don't really care for is the layout of the video section. It's not user friendly or very well organized. It's a pain to find something to watch, unless you already know what you want and can type in the name directly. Even then, if it's a series with multiple seasons, there is a separate entry for each season. They really need to straighten up the video section.

Otherwise, overall, I'm glad we signed up for this program.

2. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well this is a nice service, but you really have to look at whether it is worth it for you. Usually there is a general rule of thumb where if you are adding items just to get free shipping, you might as well join the Prime account, but I do think that there is a little more to it than that. I just did some basic math, and given how much I use Amazon it made a lot more sense to me to get it and save on shipping.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I love my Prime Shipping but I agree on the video selection it's part of the reason why I don't watch the videos much anymore. That and because before I would get into a show and would try to go watch again later and it would be deleted off and put on amazon video for a fee, not to mention they don't have that great of a movie selection. I tend to stick to netflix and hulu

4. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The shipping deal is great. I need to be able to accomplish more with shopping online (due to physical issues), so this has really proven helpful for me.

I think the layout is that way to make us go through more pages (and thus more ads). That annoys me. It's not going to make me buy anything more than I was already going to buy anyway. I haven't come across anything that's been removed and pushed to the paid video section.. yet. That would definitely annoy me. Thanks for the warning.

I do like Netflix, but I'm not a big fan of the paid version of Hulu. Netflix feels like the better value.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have had Amazon Prime for several years now, and for us, it is definitely worthwhile. We actually do not watch movies on there ; but we probably should at least start looking to see if we are interested in any of them, since they do come with our Prime subscription.
    I like to find ebooks on Kindle, and one of the Prime benefits for books is the Kindle lending Library. You do need an actual Kindle (not just the app) to borrow he books; but there are a lot of expensive Prime books that you can borrow and read for free on your Kindle.
    I have an older Kindle Fire, and that is all that I use for reading books,because it is small and lightweight.
    Another book feature is called Kindle First, and this is where they offer you a choice of several of the new books to read, and you can choose one for free each month.

6. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I use Amazon for pretty much everything I can. I find that with prime, if I need something chances are I'll get it via Amazon quicker then if I have time to run to the store. The prices are also pretty reasonable. I buy a lot of supplements and they are much less expensive them a local store and similarly priced to a wholesaler. I haven't used prime pantry though. Does anyone use and recommend it? I find that I usually need one or two things and don't fill the pantry box.

7. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    I don't use prime pantry either, although I have thought about it because I do have some credits that I got from taking slower shipping on some items. Most of the things that I have seen in the prime pantry items were not things that I was wanting to purchase; but I imagine that iif i look closer, there are probably some that we would use and save money on.
    I always get our paper products,, like toilet paper and paper towels from Amazon. It is cheaper, and I don't have to buy as often, or even go to the store to get them now.
    We use a lot of supplements, too; but now that I have discovered that I can get those for free just for writing a review of the supplement, we do that instead. They still come from Amazon, but now I can get the better quality suppplements instead of the cheaper ones.

8. whysewserious

whysewseriousMember

Threads:
    I did the trial but did not touch the video segment, I simply used it for the shipping service as I buy quite a bit of equipment for work on Amazon. I wanted to look into the book section, but never got around to it. How is the selection? Is it quality reading material, or is it more of the "cheap" variety? I am slowly making my way into the eBook world, and if the options are solid maybe this will be what sways me to subscribe to the service.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing your feedback, @Zyni@Zyni :) I'm glad that you're enjoying your Amazon Prime service and getting the most out of it. I don't think it's something I'd be able to get good value for money out of, really. But I went ahead and signed up for the Kindle Unlimited service, which for a long time I thought Amazon should offer as a separate service from Amazon Prime. I was glad when I realised they finally did just that. I started on the trial too and liked it enough to commit to the subscription. I saw quite a few negative reviews and even some eBooks on why you shouldn't get the service. I ignored them all and got it, and really like it :) Very happy camper here!

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Learned a lot about Amazon Prime...I'm just a regular amazon customer. I need somethings from amazon and got amazon gift cards so I shop at amazon once in a while. I love amazon's cyber Monday week too, but just not a Amazon Prime needer, so I'll just stick being a regular amazon customer.

11. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    I think that the key is whether a person will use the program enough to be worth it, and that is true of both Amazon Prime, and also Kindle Unlimited, and not all of them work for everyone.
    For a long time, we did not order much on Amazon, and we didn't need Prime either; but now we have found that most of the things that we get at a store can be found (in greater variety) on Amazon, and often at a much greater savings than going to the store and buying the same item. Plus, there iis no sales tax (we have a high sales tax here), and I do not have to load and unload the product, since Amazon delivers it right to my doorstep.
    Unless we have to have something right away, we can usually wait the two days to get it. Paying for Prime is well worth the benefits and all of the savings that we get from t, and thhat is not even counting things like ad-free music or videos that come with Prime.
    For myself, the Kindle Unlimited would not be worth the money. I love to read; but do not read a lot of books anymore, and most of the books that i do read, I also want to keep, and not just borrow.
    When you are just reading a lot of stories, and go through books all of the time, and don't need them for reference afterwards, tthen the Kindle Unlimited would be perfect.
    Sine I can use the Kindle lending library, which is part of Prime, I can usually read any of the more expensive books through that program.

12. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I love using Amazon Prime. You definitely get good bang for your buck if you utilize it properly. If your someone who rarely orders online, then I wouldn't bother with it. But if you're someone who shops online a lot like I do, then definitely go for it. The items I order always arrive really quickly, within the designated time frame. Also, I really enjoy Amazon Prime video. Lots of good shows and movies to pick from.

13. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    My husband watches movies every day, and he has now started finding good movies and television programs from the Amazon Prime Movies selection. Before, he just mainly used Netflix. We did try Hulu for a while; but it is jam-packed with commercials, and if you get the commercial-free version, then it costs more.
    One thing that I like about the Amazon movies is that you also have the option to rent or purchase the movie; so if there is one you want to watch, and it is not on the free list, you can also rent it.
    We have an Apple TV; but ALL of the movies and television shows that Apple has cost money to watch; so we seldom ever even use the Apple Tv anymore.
    Amazon Prime seems to really offer the most for the money that you spend, and the service is terrific.