Amazon Smile

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Aladar • May 7, 2015.

1. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I believe more people should know about this, since there's a ton of people here that shop at Amazon, but most don't knoe about this. Smile is Amazon's charity program. Basically, you pick a charity, and then whenever you shop thru smile.Amazon.com, they donate a portion of the purchase to the charity. And the best thing is that you literally don't have to do anything different - it's still the same Amazon with the same prices and deals, only they pay out of their pocket to charity!

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My church has earned money from the Smile program on Amazon from purchases members of the church made. It seems to be a good program that will help many charities and help people feel good about the shopping online knowing that a portion of their purchase is helping a good cause. More people need to be aware that they can help give more money where needed.

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's great :) you can save money AND donate to the cause. I'm currently supporting Doctors Without Borders, a great charity that needs all the money it can get :)

4. butterfly1

butterfly1Member

Threads:
    I had no idea about this charity! Thanks so much for sharing this. That is so awesome to be able to know that you are helping others while buying what you need (or want). I will definitely tell everyone about this subdomain so that people can start funding their favorite charity!

5. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I love Amazon smile, it feels so good to know that you're helping at least a bit with your purchases. It also makes my guilty pleasure of buying games and electronics be a little bit less guilty.
    I'm glad something like this exists, and I hope more and more people find out about it as time goes on.

6. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    It's a great business move from Amazon. People want to feel like they make a difference, they want it easy and they like to have it sort of... "rentable"? Like, you buy something and you buy a piece of conscience, too! Proud and all. It works great for selling any breast-cancer related thing and it'll probably work great for Amazon.

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon advertised Smile heavily when the program was first launched, so anyone that was paying attention should know about it. It's a great program that I use whenever possible, and it's always nice to donate to a specific charity of your choice. More companies should implement similar programs, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen in the coming years.

8. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:

People still tend to not know about this great way to donate to charity as absolutely no cost to you. It is a 'set it n forget it' thing and very easy to do. Why not share the link today?

My smile charity is the ASPCA because of all the good work they do for animals in need, but there are hundreds of options.

9. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The one thing I hate about the smile program is that you can't see how much you have donated with your purchases. You'd literally have to go through individual purchases to just see how much you gave. Besides that I think that it is a great program.

10. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of that program as much as I shop on Amazon, I should know about it. Actually my sister is trying to raise money to send her son's school band to the Rose parade, and I am supposed to be clicking on a link to send the band to Calif when I buy on Amazon. This is what I want to do, when I want to dedicate a portion of my shopping to a charity. Operation Smile sounds great though.

11. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I love the set it and forget it nature of the smile program. I shop on amazon a ton so I like that someone is benefiting from that besides amazon. I also like goodsearch for the same reason.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm actually surprised that Amazon doesn't seem to publicise this a lot more! I think it's a fantastic idea, and if people knew about it, they'd want to use it more in order for charity to benefit. I saw it a couple of months ago, but since I don't really shop on Amazon, I can't use it.

13. MyPoesies

MyPoesiesMember

Threads:
    I never heard of this program, but this definitely makes me happy that an organization as big as Amazon is giving back to the people and animals. :D I haven't heard of any advertisements of this service. I've only used Amazon once to buy a couple of shirts that ultimately didn't fit. I resold them on Poshmark though. Thanks for posting this so more and more people can get involved.