Amazon Subscribe and Save

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Tiara Murphy • Jul 3, 2014.

1. Tiara Murphy

Tiara MurphyNew Member

Threads:
    I highly recommend that anyone with an Amazon account take advantage of their subscribe and save program. If you are unfamiliar, it is a program they have that "subscribes" you to items, meaning you pick what you want and in what quantity out of the items that participate in the program and each month on the same day, they are shipped to your door. If you subscribe to less than 5 items, you get a 5% discount. If you subscribe to 5 or more, you get a 20% discount. You can add this onto any coupon deals that they may have going on their site. This can provide you with some seriously discounted items. It's how I get all of my weirder organic products I can't find in store or are incredibly expensive usually. Often times, these S&S products come in bulk, so after I receive my shipment, I cancel whatever items I don't want more of so that I can add them again when I actually need the product. However, if you know you want something say, every 3 months, you can select that as the time frame for your delivery. Keep in mind, however, that the discounted item amount goes by what is in each shipment per month.

2. Meowmie

MeowmieMember

Threads:
    I found Amazon Subscribe and Save several months ago and I love it. I buy most of my organic/non gmo foods from there. They have a fantastic selection, and it's easy to change what you want delivered. Even things I might buy only once a year, I have on there. I move it to my 'inactive' list and just make it active when I want it then move it back.

Neighbors probably think I'm nuts. The week of my delivery date there are piles of boxes being delivered. My favorite thing, though, it to go in and change the billing method as I get gift cards. I like having my groceries delivered to my door, but getting them free is even better.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Subscribe and Save has been around for awhile now, and people have mixed opinions about it. While it allows you to save a noticeable amount of money, there have been quality complaints about the products. A number of people have received damaged or opened goods, but it's impossible to tell if this was Amazon's doing or an incident during shipping. I've used it before with no problems, and I like that you can use it to save money and then cancel it if you don't really want the subscription but still get the savings.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not heard of this program through Amazon. I am only one person so I don't know if it is some thing that would be good for me. I can see ordering large amounts of toilet paper just to have it on hand to avoid the need to go to the store and lug home a large bags of things. The idea of having large items delivered to the door sounds good to me I do not like grocery shopping.

5. Medieval Mama

Medieval MamaNew Member

Threads:
    I'm so like this too. I first discovered Amazon's groceries when I was laid up for an extended period of time. I only had to send my husband to the store for fresh foods (milk, bread, veggies and meat). I live in a fairly rural area, and just can't get a lot of the natural and organic products I like. But I always compare prices. Usually I can get what I want for a better price through Amazon, but not always.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I plan to use the subscribe and save option as I have noticed some really good prices for those who are participating in the service. It seems to be one of the best things that can be utilized for a bargain, and I would like it very much. I will get the choices I need I think when I take advantage oft Subscribe and Save options. The prices really seem to be pretty good on those products.