Amazon Vs Ebay

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Vinaya • Jul 9, 2016.

1. GreenPersimmon

GreenPersimmonMember

Threads:
    Ebay is cheaper about certain thing but there is always a risk in quality. Sometimes the 'new' things don't work very long after you get them. While I've never had a quality issue with Amazon. As for free shipping, it's half and half. Where I think Ebay is better than Amazon is with antiques. I've found some amazing antiques that I've had a hard time finding anywhere else.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer paying via Paypal, so I will always prefer using Ebay over Amazon. Besides, international shipping on Amazon can be expensive, so I would just buy from sellers who offer free shipping on Ebay.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought anything on ebay.com yet, but have window shopped and found they have thing no one else has. I buy from amazon because I got amazon gift cards...recently I found a site I shop at SwansonVitamins.com a google trusted store, where you can use amazon money, great! I know people who sell on ebay and they do make money and are very good people too, so I might give ebay a try too one day.

4. Jannatul Ferdous

Jannatul FerdousMember

Threads:
    Thank you for letting us know what is the actual difference between the two. And I am also agree with you that Ebay is much cheaper than Amazon.

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    The restriction by Amazon not allowing postage to some location is a big turn off for me. Apart from this behaviour, which I call unnecessary action, they are supposed to be a great online store. I would choose other reputable super big stores online, that will allow postage to any location, over Amazon. What's great in an online store that can't send its goods to buyers from anywhere in the world.

6. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that eBay is way cheaper than Amazon but what I feel that most of the items available on eBay are either refurbished or resell. You will be surprised to note that I have yet to buy a product from eBay even after my 4 years shopping online. I could never zeroed-in on any product their so far.

7. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    Amazon is where I do almost all of my online shopping. It's the first place I check whenever I'm looking for a particular product, especially one I can't find in stores. 95% of the time, Amazon will have it. But every now and then, you get stuck either having to buy directly from the company, or looking for somebody who will independently sell the product to you because Amazon is either out of stock, or they just don't have the product (rare, but it does happen.) The only reason I shy away from buying directly from the company, is because so many times you can't just buy the product ONCE. There's always some kind of "try it first and then receive it monthly" or you already become a member and receive "auto-ship" where you keep getting the product over and over again each month and you can't seem to get out of the deal no matter how much you bug them. That's when I turn to eBay. There are smart sellers on eBay who know to buy the products and then sell them to people who don't want to go in on it for the long haul. Maybe these people are already stuck in some kind of "auto-ship member" deal that they can't get out of, so they figure they can at least earn some money out of it. But whatever the case is, at least when you order something from eBay, it's just a one-time deal. Same as Amazon (if they have your product.)

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shop on both, but I purchase a lot more on eBay than on Amazon. I buy Kindle books on Amazon, and get a lot of others free. I do sometimes look around on Amazon, but it seems the same items are available for a lot less on eBay, in most cases. I did have an issue one time with an item I'd purchased on Amazon. The seller ultimately came through, but it took a few weeks. I've also had issues on eBay, and have never had a case where eBay didn't stand by me, but if they didn't, I could go to PayPal, since I almost always pay with them when shopping on eBay. I don't always have that luxury on Amazon, since they don't accept PayPal. I can use my PayPal debit Mastercard on Amazon, but sometimes I need more time to pay, and in that case, I'll use the PayPal Credit on eBay, since I can't use that on Amazon.

9. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Nowadays I started using Amazon more than eBay. I find it cheaper than eBay especially for electronic gadgets. Recently I bought a 4G wingle from Amazon which was more than 25% cheaper when compared to eBay. Moreover, Amazon got their own stores in our country which makes transportation easier and faster for them.

Another point is that Amazon got an effective feedback system in place. We can see a lot of feedbacks of other buyers which help us finalize a seller. But when it comes to things like rare fruit or vegetable seeds I always choose eBay as they got a nice collection.

10. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    Amazon is a long way from competitors. Its remote registering administrations business, Amazon Web Administrations, is quickening and Amazon Fuel Coordinate Distributed gives a steady income stream. The organization all the more as of late has ventured into offering distributed storage through Amazon Cloud Drive and overhauling clients with its Amazon Dash Catch. The Dash catch permits clients to take care of requests with the press of a catch — truly. Amazon offers the administration for a lot of brands and if effectively transformed into a standard offering.

eBay is a decent organization, however the exponential development is no more extended there and it does not have the advancement that Amazon offers to discover new income streams. Amazon offers significantly more upside potential than eBay. It's hard to contrast Amazon with PayPal at this stage, especially in light of the fact that the two are altogether different organizations, yet both are great and that discussion might just be worth having down the line.

11. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I normally used Ebay and Lazada in purchasing online stuffs. I tried browsing in Amazon as well but I haven't really tried ordering there yet. Probably because I find more great deals at Ebay and Lazada than Amazon? I'm not sure though. But I will definitely try Amazon as well just to compare which is more reliable.

12. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I already bought - several times, by the way - for both sites, and in my concept both are very good ;) (I don't have major complaints about them).

However, if I have to choose just one, I prefer Amazon. Although I like eBay, Amazon never came to delay delivery of any of the products I bought. :cool:

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I think Amazon is the more popular and maybe more reliable site for shopping. Not clear which of the site sells cheaper items, most of my visit is always been Amazon. I may have to check out the sales at Ebay to understand how it goes there. I am more drawn to Amazon, many of the people I know tend to shop there, I do think they have good deals.

14. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon for me. It sells in my home currench while in Ebay most products are in US dollars. Delivery charges for my location adds another burden to the whole experience and quality is also not very appealing as on Amazon.

15. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    If you want items at a cheaper price then eBay is a lot better. I think this is mainly because of Amazons high fees for selling items on their site. I also think that eBay has a lot more things that you cannot find on Amazon. eBay is a lot better for sellers and buyers as it also allows PayPal transactions although this is also a tiny problem as it allows people to scam others using chargeback claims

16. Flaming_Dorito

Flaming_DoritoNew Member

Threads:
    Amazon and Ebay just cannot be compared, amazon is way better.
    In terms of service speed, quality of products and pricing as well as website interface and just the general spirit f the company, Amazon is unbeatable.

17. haivu721vn

haivu721vnMember

Threads:
    I use Amazon to buy products that are high quality, such as books and electronic goods. It is much safer than Ebay. However Ebay offers more old products that are worthy to put in my collection. But i am afraid of getting scammed...

18. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Amazon does not support Paypal which is my preferred online trading portal but eBay does. In spite of this, however, I prefer to shop on Amazon instead of eBay because Amazon is better structured and there is a lesser chance of me being scammed there as opposed to eBay.

19. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Its funny, I never bought much on Ebay,although I have sold my art and antiques on there forever and still do. I might have to buy some antiques there in the future though,because I'm running out of them. I prefer Amazon to buy things, like used art books and other things as well,because they have a simple checkout system overall,and it just feels safer as a whole.

20. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I use both but I must say I feel that Amazon has better quality products and a faster delivery time. They are also extremely efficient when it comes to sorting out any problems. I only use Ebay if I can't find what I am looking for on Amazon. It would be great if we could use paypal but to be honest that's the only downside for Amazon.