Amazon vs. other online retail?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Pawski • Oct 30, 2013.

1. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I love the fact that I am able to buy absolutely anything that I want from Amazon and that most everything is able to be shipped for free. That is the reason that I use them for almost all of my online shopping.

Over the Christmas season I tried and did ultimately successfully place an order with Walmart.com, but it was a huge headache. They kept cancelling my order because of a problem with my payment and I had to go into the store and pay them cash. It was terrible, but their price on the item that I needed was a lot better than Amazon's and they had free shipping on it as well.

2. winsomenotions

winsomenotionsMember

Threads:
    I use Amazon sometimes. I like the format and the reliability but they have gone up with their prices form what they used to charge. They recently raised the limit for free shipping from $25 to $35. It seems they will do anything to make more money and that turns me away from them. I have started using eBay more because the individual sellers have lower prices and shipping is often free. If I need to order something online I check eBay and amazon and go with the cheaper one. If the cost is the same I choose amazon because I feel it is more reliable than eBay.

3. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes. Amazon is the best online shopping site there is. They offer the lowest prices because of the number of discount warehouse that sell products through their site.. Their customer service is top notch, and they offer free 2 day shipping on your orders for $80 dollars a year. You can not beat that.

4. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon has some good reputation which I think not much companies have been able to match it. Sometimes I find it easier to use Amazon than other retail shops that I have no idea about. Your mind will be at ease when you are sure of the product you are buying.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Amazon, when I need to research a product I go to Amazon first. I am looking for a scanner and have seen many in the local stores but I went to Amazon to get an ideal of how the worked out for other people who had purchased the scanner before I decide which one I will purchase.

6. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    I bought things from eBay, Target or Overstock, but on Amazon the shopping is more comfortable:D
    You can always ask a question, if you aren`t sure what to do and you mostly receive an answer in less than 24h. In addition, you can read reviews of other customers and see, if the product was reliable or not. In the end, I think shipping via Amazon is faster than in the case of eBay

7. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    I find myself shopping on Amazon more often than any other online retailer due to the selection, free shipping option, and price-matching for recent sales. But often enough other online retailers will have competitive prices that make me shop there instead. It all depends on who has the best deal (and free shipping and free tax usually pushes me toward Amazon) other factors like store reputation and reliability are also important. Amazon is just a great all-arounder but one can get even better deals by shopping around.