Amazon Warehouse Deals

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Strykstar • Jul 15, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Did you ever check out Amazon's Warehouse Deals?
    They put up lots of things on the site for much cheaper, things that are either pre-owned, refurbished or simply arrived to their warehouse with an open box.
    I've found a few items there and I never had any issues, just saved a nice amount on each purchase.

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I've definitely heard of them but I've never purchased anything from them. I suppose it's a good idea to check it out.

Do they sell things in bulk or can you just buy things regularly as you would from the regular Amazon? It's only my boyfriend and myself most of the time so there's really no point in buying bulk for us.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can buy things regularly without having to buy them in bulk.

I've seen Amazon Warehouse deals for a few electronics items, but I just don't feel good about buying open box or refurbished units when it comes to electronics. I'm sure thousands of people have used Warehouse Deals to save money on their purchase without experiencing any problems. You can save 15% on average, although I've seen savings of up to 35% or so before, too. It's worth it for plenty of people, but it's not something I like to use.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I actually have never used them or even looked at the area until now.

It looks like a great way to save money, so long as it's on items that you know may have been used before and you're okay with it. I probably wouldn't buy bedding from that area, for example, just in case.

5. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Okay, nice! That's good to know, I'll have to check out the Amazon warehouse the next time I need to buy something online :) Thanks for all the info!

6. fivebyfive

fivebyfiveNew Member

Threads:
    I've bought items from Amazon Warehouse deals before. I've yet to get one that was slightly damaged. If anything the packaging may have been replaced but overall there haven't been issues with functionality or things like deep scratches. However it's important to remember that no matter what they put up they take the time to inspect it first.

7. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    That's right, the fact it comes from this section doesn't mean it's damaged or there's something wrong with it, it usually just means the original box got accidentally opened for example, they just close it back up but need to sell it at a discount because of that.

8. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This looks like a great idea ! I do have some questions about it though. I have Amazon Prime, and shop with Amazon all the time, but i have never seen the Amazon Warehouse . Is it part of the Amazon website, or is it a separate site ? Does it also work with Amazon Prime for the free two-day shipping , like the regular items have ??
    I love shopping with Amazon, and will definitely be checking this out. Thank you for the awesome tip ! !

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Looks like you can use Prime on a lot of them!

I found this directly at the top of the Warehouse page (which is on amazon.com):

"Find deep discounts on open-box, like-new, and pre-owned products backed with Amazon's return policy and Prime or FREE Shipping where available."

10. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    It works exactly just like if you were buying a "normal" product from Amazon.
    I don't mean normal in any way that makes these products inferior, like I said, the only difference most times is that the box has been opened and closed up again.
    You can use Prime, use gift cards, etc.

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How good to know that! To be honest, I wasn't even aware of it, yet I must have seen it many times when I was ordering something from Amazon. I can't believe that I never looked in that section. I always look for specific things on that site and have never spent much time looking around. It really pays to open your eyes and have a closer look.

12. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd rather purchase a Warehouse Deal, actually, than use some of the less favorable third party sellers. Some of the sellers on Amazon are pretty terrible in my opinion. I checked with a few friends that have used Warehouse Deals, and they haven't had any notable problems using the deals compared to purchasing a brand new item from Amazon or another seller.

13. atribble73

atribble73Member

Threads:
    I got an email the other night about their warehouse deals but I haven't checked it out yet. I will go look it through and see what all they have to offer. Is this just things that they can not sell normally through their website?

14. Billynlex

BillynlexNew Member

Threads:
    I find it really hard to snag a decent purchase on Amazon Warehouse. I routinely check my favorite deals website, dontpayfull.com. They have a thread dedicated solely to Amazon Warehouse where the users post interesting and great deals they find nearly immediately. Problem is- you have a lot of Ebay buyers that are looking to make some quick money flipping items. (It's lucrative, don't get me wrong. For the average consumer looking to save a few bucks this practice is rather volatile.)

15. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Warehouse deals are simply amazing. I picked up a Kindle a while back for only $50, and managed to sell it on for something like $80-90 simple enough on eBay. So in tandem with Amazon Local, which give you vouchers for specific things on Amazon, including their warehouse, you could turn this into a fairly decent money making scheme.

16. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds awesome. I'm going to start to keep an eye on this...

I also like the idea of buying and selling stuff ;)

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've bought a lot of things from Amazon Warehouse deals and only received one broken appliance, which they exchanged. It's kind of like an outlet store, because you never know what will end up in that section.

18. mercantile519

mercantile519Member

Threads:
    I've never really looked at the warehouse deals, because I don't need any electronics right now. But I like the daily deals. I've purchased a couple of those.

19. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    So when they exchange something that you bought from the warehouse section, they must replace it with a brand new version, right?
    That sounds like it could be exploited, buy item at the warehouse for a reduced price, claim it's broken when you get it and get a brand new version for the price of the warehouse item.
    Surely they must have some measure to avoid this, right?

20. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Update on this:

Margins seem a little slim for my money. You have find that one real awesome deal...
    Still, there must be a way to make this work... I'll keep you posted ;)

If you just want to buy stuff though, it looks great.
    Most sellers have above 90% ratings and some of them ship internationally...
    I read a lot of feedback from people who bought phones and were pretty satisfied with what they got!