Amazon

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Peninha • Feb 10, 2015.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's been a while since I shop on Amazon and I was looking for a microphone, but when I proceeded to checkout I received the information that the item cannot be shipped to my address? Has this happened to anyone before?

2. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    A few days ago even I faced a similar problem. I realized that I had changed my pincode (I am in India) and that was a new pincode so Amazon could not place it. I changed it to the old one and the problem was solved. I am sure your problem was not due to the same issue.

3. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Are you outside of the US? Amazon has vendors that sell through their site, and some of the vendors only shipping to the US. That might be what happened to you. I know of folk who live in Canada who have tried to order things, only to be told it could not be shipped to their location. :rolleyes:

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, I am outside the US, but I've tried with different European Amazon's with the same error. Strange because I've bought stuff from Amazon before from all over the place. I'll try that Beauty, thanks for the tip.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Never had that happen before. As far as I know, Amazon will ship to just about any location. Especially now that they are experimenting with drone technology. That will allow them to ship to even the most remote of locations.

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    That happens to me all the time.
    I'm also based out of Europe, so when I am shopping on Amazon I always have to make sure that the seller I'm looking at offers "International Shipping".
    Just look for that and you'll be just fine. Let me know if it all worked out.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is really strange, I was expecting them to maintain the level of service. but apparently it's dropping. I was looking for a specific product, so I ended up buying it in another place, their loss.

8. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly order books, and I've always been able to find a seller who provides International Shipping. :)
    I just have to go through a bunch of them, and it's pretty boring, but... You survive.
    The thing is that Amazon has other vendors that sell through their website.
    And honestly dude, every time I order something I just feel like: How were people living before? How?

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha, true, it's really convenient to buy online, but in this case I went to the mall on the weekend and saw a similar item on promotion, so problem solved.

10. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes. I have a really weird address though (like my address has a .5 in it) and sometimes it doesn't pick it up or see it as an actual address.

In my case I would either put it as a .5 or a 1/2, and more often than not one of those options will work. However if it doesn't work still I would consider contacting Amazons customer service department and figure out why.

11. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I actually just had my first issue with Amazon this week when my product got lost on a shipping route and I had to haggle with the seller to get my money back. Very strange to say the least as I've had nothing but good things to say about Amazon for a long time. This seller came extremely high recommended too by their referral system.

Just might be that certain product or seller that are giving you some issues. Amazon is usually extremely reliable, but as I just found out, there are some bad transactions that happen.