Amazon.com - poor service

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dekujasmine • Apr 30, 2013.

1. dekujasmine

dekujasmineNew Member

Threads:
    Amazon.com is a very popular online marketplace, similar to eBay. Many have used the site for purchasing, and almost everyone has heard of the name. I previously never had problems with Amazon, until recently. It all started back in February, when I ordered a couple of clothing items from a seller on the website.

Now, everything went fine with my purchases, I checked out with no problem, and the items "shipped" within 24 hours. However, I never received my items, and when I asked Amazon what the deal was, they simply shook it off and told me I must have entered the wrong address. However, I didn't. All of my shipping details were correct.

I didn't get a refund, nor any further investigation from Amazon. However since then, I purchased another item from Amazon in late March: a coffee maker, which luckily actually came in the mail (Yes!) however it did not work and the box it came in was very dented, even though on the website it was listed as "New". I contacted Amazon and they never answered back to my complaint, and it's a day before the first of May and I still have not received any message back.

So, have any of you ever had the same issues with on Amazon? What are your opinions on the site?

2. nikki_luvv

nikki_luvvNew Member

Threads:
    Sorry about your experience, I just ordered several items from Amazon in the last two days. I hope they arrive as scheduled since I was hoping to have some of the items for my trip at the end of next week. I did notice however that they did not send me an email confirming my order like I usually receive with other online orders from other websites, but maybe that's something I need to change in my settings on the Amazon website. I will say from past experience I've never had a problem with receiving any its from Amazon.

3. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I have had the same experience with Amazon, but the customer service I got was great. It seemed like I put a wrong address when I swore I put the correct one. Luckily, I got a great person for customer service and he shipped in the following day. You should just recall them and try to get another person.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry to hear about your poor experience, I normally have this problem with buying things on Ebay. I bought a load of presents at the beginning of November and only a handful of them were delivered, one turned up yesterday! When I buy from Amazon I have only ever really bought from the sellers and they have been excellent.

5. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry to hear about that mate. Its my first time ordering online as well and I'm really hoping that I would receive the items that I ordered in excellent condition considering that I paid 14$ for both the shipping and a single comic book item.

6. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Whenever I bought from a seller and something went wrong, I've always gotten my money back. Never had problems buying from Amazon directly and getting it shipped to me. But have had problems when buying from sellers themselves. Lost packages in one case, and in another case...an item arrived that wasn't as described. Got refunds in both cases.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a bit skeptical about the whole "lost" packages thing, since I have experienced that with the items that I bought on Ebay, and it turns out that it was stolen at the post office. Come to think of it, no parcel really gets "lost" anyway, they end up in someone else's possession.

Anyway, I haven't shopped in Amazon yet, so I would definitely keep what I read in mind. It seems like it's easier to get refunded if you buy from Ebay, because they use Paypal and they always side with the buyer, while Amazon does not.

8. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry to hear about your service but I have NEVER had a bad experience with amazon. And believe me, I'm a frequent shopper. I have always had packages delivered on time, quickly, in-tact and if something ever does go wrong amazon always fixes it right away.

9. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I can understand things like this happening on Amazon when you order from other sellers rather then directly from Amazon. I usually steer clear of ordering anything that is not at least fulfilled by Amazon and have not had any problems, I also mainly use things shipped through Amazon Prime in two days. I am surprised to hear of such poor customer service on there part. After reading this I will for sure stay away from the other sellers on Amazon...

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm glad Amazon recently went back to using UPS to send items out. Up until recently, they were using Lasership for the Super Saver orders and the forums were filled with complaints from customers who either didn't get their items or found their items left outside in the rain.

11. Nikilee

NikileeNew Member

Threads:
    I've generally had great experiences with Amazon with the exception of this past Christmas. I purchased two items from two different sellers and the items were never delivered. The sellers used some off the wall delivery company. Amazon refunded my money, but it left me high and dry for two unique Christmas gifts I had picked out for two hard-to-shop-for family members!

12. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    Sorry to hear about your poor experience with Amazon. Personally, I have never had problems with Amazon and the customer service has always been great. The worst experience I have had has been a late delivery which was two days from the estimated date. The seller contacted me regarding the issue though, so the issue was minimal.

13. AngryItalian

AngryItalianMember

Threads:
    I think this is to do with alot of Amazons employees not caring. I have not gotten the best support with Amazon in recent months and it gets worse whenever I need to use it. They may have already lost me as a customer.

14. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't accept that. I would take the case to trading standards because you do have rights. As for the product being damaged, I'm not surprised given how the delivery companies throw around the parcels with no care.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Was the off-the-wall delivery company Lasership? You should see the complaints that Amazon got about them.
    They don't even look professional. A guy dressed in normal clothes drove up to my house in his personal van and handed me my Amazon box without a signature. I'm so glad Amazon went back to using UPS.

16. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Did you bought it from Amazon directly or from a buyer that used Amazon? Either way, i always had a wonderful customer service with them (which never happened with Zavvi). Once i ordered something but after one month it never got to me and i got my refund. Two months later the package appeared out of nowhere and i got for free. Got lucky i guess.

17. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    HA! Sounds familiar. Same thing that happened with my flatscreen tft monitor. It never arrived from the seller so I got a refund in full. Then it magically popped up one day in a box that looked like it had been through a roller derby. I kept it because it worked, minus a few non-screen surface cracks.

18. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    that's really too bad. I have only had great customer service from amazon.

19. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have to ask was it Amazon and its own warehouse that you were ordering from or one of their independent sellers. If it was Amazon's own warehouse then you have every right to place the blame directly on them. I have never heard of their ware house giving such service, but then again it does seem to be growing quite fast, so maybe it can't keep up.

However, if this were one of their independent sellers and I have a feeling this is the case unfortunately very little of the blame can be placed squarely on Amazon. They go into in their terms and conditions about dealing with their independent sellers. In other words you are told to do this at your own risk more or less. Believe me I know what I am talking about I have had a few situations on Amazon and ebay where I had an issue with an independent seller. Unfortunately neither place was of much help to me in resolving the issue. The best advice I can give when dealing with an independent seller on Amazon and even ebay is to look at what past customers have said about them. See how much positive feedback they have been given. If they have no feedback, you might want to think twice about dealing with this seller.

20. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    I've never had any problems with Amazon. Goods have been delivered within the specified delivery time and in perfect condition. I don't know if perhaps the service differs from country to country? I am in the UK.