Amd Vs Intel Laptop?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by haivu721vn • Dec 9, 2016.

1. haivu721vn

haivu721vnMember

Threads:
    I think AMD-powered PCs are often much cheaper than Intel but they are still better on gaming. So why people still go with Intel? Is there anything wrong with AMD chips?
    Do you prefer AMD/Intel? Which of them do you think is worth to buy?

2. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used AMD powered computers, therefore, I don't know about the advantages and disadvantages of AMD chips. I have always used Intel powered computers. I don't know much about processors, therefore, I cannot compare AMD and Intel. If you say AMD chips are cheaper and are good in gaming,I should check this out.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I have used both AMD and Intel, and aside from the price, I really can't find any difference on the performance of those 2 brands. They give the same results and have the same quality as well. So if I were to buy a new PC, I really won't mind if it has the cheaper AMD as it's processor.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am an Intel user but I am not discounting AMD because of the cost. Now that I am in the process of buying a laptop, it is more of the specs than the brand. And not to forget that the cost is the primary consideration. Whether it is Intel or AMD, it is transparent to me.

5. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    AMD does cost cheaper than Intel but most of the time they just work the same. And the good thing is, there is news out right now that AMD is launching Ryzen which is their new Processor which can function like the skylake processors of Intel but costs half. I'm using an AMD processor now and it does a really great job for me.